Snoke is...

Iceheart

It's like they brought up Gollum and helmetless Vader on their computer screen then pressed "merge". Then they played (whatever it's really called) ROTS "plagieus's theme", then molded everything in the shot to look like TESB emperor's hologram scene. Bake in a preheated oven for thirty minutes and presto! We have supreme leader Snort.

Let's do the impossible and take the Snoke is Plagious theory seriously for a second.

Nobody knows who the fuck he is or anything about him! He was a name mentioned in passing! That's it! Snoke has actually had screen time now. He's now got more going for him than a name mentioned in passing yo.

How bout this:

Snort = embodiment of uber-darkside spirit (of possibly Plagieus, and of others before him)

Snort has been around forever and has been taking on force-sensitive apprentices so he can steal their bodies/force affinity so he can sustain his unnaturally long lifespan. He can be Plagieus because when Plagieus was killed, the spirit inhabited another body before that happened. By the time TFA rolls around, he's just starting to gather his footing in his frail, non-Sith and soul-sucked body, but he is looking for a new one. He was going to settle into Kylo, but he now has his eye on Rey.

This is fairly consistent with:

-the sith rule of two, with a twist (Snort's spirit + host/apprentice)

-the legacy of Plagieus in the ROTS opera scene

-explanation how an "extinct" Sith group can suddenly reappear and take over the galaxy after a millennium

-dark-side goal of immortality vs light-side goal of enlightenment before passing on/force ghostiness

-provides equilibrium between dark & light in terms of spirituality

-the chosen one prophecy thingy

-the dark-side being much larger than just Sith

-this was a lot of fun

Wasn't there a rumour about the knights of Ren and their motivations. One of which was the Ressurection of a long dead ancient Sith Lord? If this is the case Snoke could be anyone.... Someone new or pre existing... fuckin Naga Sadow for all we know.

As much as I want him to be a new character, I do have a theory if he IS connected to earlier movies.

There has been a lot of talk about Snoke having the same scars and wounds as Anakin. Seems purposely done. He also looks burnt, like a full on burn victim. We also know that there were concepts of having Anakin be a sort of hybrid ghost, part Anakin part Vader. Explaining that he sort of goes back and forth between the two spirits. I think that JJ decided to explain why Anakin's ghost in rotj was changed to a young Anakin. That both halves of him became spirits, Anakin's good spirit took the image of what he looked like the last time he was Anakin, and Snoke is the ghost image of what Vader would look like as he was burnt in the pyre.

I really don't like the idea, but I'm just combining things we know and things we have seen.

As much as I want him to be a new character, I do have a theory if he IS connected to earlier movies.

There has been a lot of talk about Snoke having the same scars and wounds as Anakin. Seems purposely done. He also looks burnt, like a full on burn victim. We also know that there were concepts of having Anakin be a sort of hybrid ghost, part Anakin part Vader. Explaining that he sort of goes back and forth between the two spirits. I think that JJ decided to explain why Anakin's ghost in rotj was changed to a young Anakin. That both halves of him became spirits, Anakin's good spirit took the image of what he looked like the last time he was Anakin, and Snoke is the ghost image of what Vader would look like as he was burnt in the pyre.

I really don't like the idea, but I'm just combining things we know and things we have seen.

Why would Ren talk to the burned Vader helmet, then, if he could talk to actual Vader?

Why would Ren talk to the burned Vader helmet, then, if he could talk to actual Vader?

And with that simple question the world collapsed in on itself, folding and crumpling until all trace of humanity disappeared from the universe.

Point.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.