Who is scarier to you: Trump or Cruz?

Pong Messiah

This is hilarious....

Without even reading the meme there, I still just want to punch Ted Cruz repeatedly in the throat and face. If I knew absolutely nothing about him, I would still want to punch him. His face is so punch-able. I haven't had such a negative reaction to anyone in the public spotlight based simply on a picture of them, since, well, I don't know when!

I'm no Cruz supporter... but... little violent, don't you think?

You OK man?

I don't wish to commit violence on anybody, nor do I wish illness or harm upon any other human being.

But I'd be lying (and this thread makes it obvious) if I acted like just the image of Cruz doesn't cause a full-on visceral disgust to well up inside me. I don't fully understand it. I imagine it's a combination of his personal appearance/body language, rhetoric, and policy positions?

TrusTED!

I've actually met two of my representatives. Cruz did a campaign speech at one of our schools in my district and hearing him talk live is pretty bad too. I probably felt squeamish too because we had students there as kind of a captive audience.

Lloyd Doggett on the on the other hand feels more genuine. I spoke with him concerning teachers issues in his office and he actually sounded like he cared so he was pretty good at the politicky stuff. He's also personally responded to a letter a gay rights group I know wrote him concerning gay marriages. He doesn't use a lot of deflective stumping or pat answers.

Even John Boehner calls him "Lucifer in the flesh" (nice to have someone other than myself called that, for a change) and a "miserable son of a bitch."

The guy may really be bad news. Otherwise, why would everybody hate Ted?

Consider the source, Kurgan. Cruz was direct opposition to what many in conservative sources saw as Boehner grabbing his ankles for Obama (among many problems), and lets not forget how Boehner's exit almost triggered a mass, end of Grease sing & dance off among Republicans in general. Why?

It shames me to say this, but if I lived in Indiana and were registered to vote and had not a shred of personal integrity, there is a small chance I might consider voting for Trump tomorrow.

I don't just want to see Cruz lose; that isn't enough. I want to see Cruz utterly crushed. Humiliated and mocked and dragged through the streets as the smallfolk point and laugh, reminding him that nobody has ever loved him and nobody ever will.

So, a toothless Trump supporter shouts (the first sing of a person incapable of a position supported by facts), and backs Trump. This is the same guy who was caught on camera saying the main reason he's supporting Trump is "the second amendment," which should illustrate how clueless and filled with right wing paranoia he is, since access to guns is not going anywhere. but yeah, way to focus on the real issues, Trump supporter.

Meanwhile, if you thought Trump already reached the bottom of the barrel, he's now accusing Rafael Cruz of associating with Lee Oswald, in his words:

“And, you know, his father was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald’s being — you know, shot. I mean, the whole thing is ridiculous. What is this, right, prior to his being shot, and nobody brings it up. They don’t even talk about that. That was reported and nobody talks about it. But I think it’s horrible.”

He went on, “What was he doing with Lee Harvey Oswald shortly before the death, before the shooting? It’s horrible.”

Full story.

While I maintain the belief that the left's arrogance and aggressive culture war crap deserves a Trump victory in November, the right deserves it more for supporting the puppeteer of the Angry White Man / illegal alien crushing / misogynistic / "Wha--?"-inspiring contradictions in his foreign policy ideas, and instant flip flops on core conservative social concerns. But above all else, the right deserves him for a last-minute, desperation ploy by trying to tie Cruz (via an implied character / criminality issue) to the JFK assassination by way of an unsubstantiated story about handing out leaflets in 1963 Louisiana.

This is the same guy who was caught on camera saying the main reason he's supporting Trump is "the second amendment," which should illustrate how clueless and filled with right wing paranoia he is, since access to guns is not going anywhere.

The 2nd Amendment is more or less on the ballot. Another liberal Supreme Court Justice, and Heller will be overturned and there won't be an individual right to bear arms.

If you hate Cruz for his conservative beliefs (say, on on social matters), wait until President Trump loads the SC with not so moderate types, sending the left to rooftop ledges all across the nation

Justus: there are a few positions I am fairly conservative on, and I am extremely conservative when it comes to the Supreme Court.

I actually liked Scalia; if anything, Trump's nominees will be too liberal for my tastes.

:eek:

Ted Cruz is here to remind us that the knee-jerk ideological dogma pendulum has not swung ALL the way to the left, and that there's still plenty of room for nigh autistic levels of self absorption and detachment from reality on the right as well. The halcyon days of, say, 1985 to 2005 when ALL the rubes and crazies were on the right (at least off campus) are definately gone for ever, but there's still plenty of bible belt kookery out there.

I don't know but this just makes me like Bernie Sanders more. Even in the face of losing Sanders keeps on going. Cruz bails. I think the Kasich Cruz Axis was the first sign they were going down. Bring on the Hillary Trump debates!

Guest El Chalupacabra

Ted Cruz just suspended his presidential campaign
But we can breathe easy, because he is not suspending his fight for liberty.

I oddly found myself conflicted when I heard that.

On one hand, I was like AWESOME. The freak is finally out. On the other, my opinion of him plummeted even further. All the talk he talked, and he wimps out like that. Just when I thought he couldn't possibly sink any lower, he does.

Be that as it may, I am still glad Cruz is out.

I'm glad he's out, too, though I'd be lying if I didn't admit to a certain sense of emptiness. I have little love for Sanders, Clinton, or Trump... but none of them piss me off simply by existing the way Cruz does.

Hopefully the general election looks something like Rocky IV, or I'm gonna snooze through it.

:no:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.