Release dates for the next five movies

Iceheart

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/12/30/star-wars-release-dates

Don't want to click through? Ugh, fine, whatever.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, 12/16/16

Episode VIII, 5/26/17

Star Wars Anthology: Han Solo (working title), 5/25/18

Episode IX, 2019

Star Wars Anthology: Boba Fett, 2020 (reportedly)

On a side note, is anyone else weirded out a little that 2020 is only four years away?

Guest El Chalupacabra

Yeah it is weird that 2020 is 4 years away. There was a time where it might as well have been a century away.

I wish they would cancel the Han Solo movie, and just produce 2 or 3 Obi Wan movies. I'm cool with the Rogue One and Boba Fett movie, though.

I'm leery of the whole anthology idea.

Also, I hope they push back Episode VIII to winter. I find that I really like having Star Wars and Christmas season together.

I enjoy the Marvel character movies, and I'm assuming that's basically what they're doing with the Anthology movies, so I'm okay with it for now. Rogue One has a great premise so far. Recasting Han Solo might be a mess.

On the one hand, the Prequels were all spring releases. On the other, I'm sure retailers LOVE having Star Wars and Christmas together...

Yeah it is weird that 2020 is 4 years away. There was a time where it might as well have been a century away.

You mean 1920?

I love it. It was never the concept of the EU that I hated-- it's that I never felt that prose was the right language to tell a Star Wars story. More movies, a TV show, more cartoons-- those can, and should, tell more stories from the vast SW universe.

I enjoy the Marvel character movies, and I'm assuming that's basically what they're doing with the Anthology movies, so I'm okay with it for now. Rogue One has a great premise so far. Recasting Han Solo might be a mess.

Marvel's different. Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and Hulk are supposed to have their own stories. Bringing them together in The Avengers was like what DC did with the Justice League. It was a way to sell a lot of comics by having everyone's favorite characters in one place.

Star Wars movies have always been centralized. The side-stories either happened in other mediums like comics, novels, or cartoons, or when they were theatrical were pretty far separated from the rest of the series (Ewoks movies).

I love it. It was never the concept of the EU that I hated-- it's that I never felt that prose was the right language to tell a Star Wars story. More movies, a TV show, more cartoons-- those can, and should, tell more stories from the vast SW universe.

Well, perhaps we just differ there. I thought Star Wars often translated extremely well to print when put in the right hands. In a lot of ways, print allowed for a much larger universe.

Though I will admit that I'm much more of a reader than I am a television of film viewer these days.

Also, I hope they push back Episode VIII to winter. I find that I really like having Star Wars and Christmas season together.

That's unlikely. Why would Disney ever want to push back a film that is already scheduled for a May release?

Marvel's different. Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, and Hulk are supposed to have their own stories. Bringing them together in The Avengers was like what DC did with the Justice League. It was a way to sell a lot of comics by having everyone's favorite characters in one place.

Star Wars movies have always been centralized. The side-stories either happened in other mediums like comics, novels, or cartoons, or when they were theatrical were pretty far separated from the rest of the series (Ewoks movies).

Well, perhaps we just differ there. I thought Star Wars often translated extremely well to print when put in the right hands. In a lot of ways, print allowed for a much larger universe.

Though I will admit that I'm much more of a reader than I am a television of film viewer these days.

I read constantly-- just not Star Wars books

I wish they would cancel the Han Solo movie, and just produce 2 or 3 Obi Wan movies. I'm cool with the Rogue One and Boba Fett movie, though.

Yup, 1920.

Damn it, someone beat me to it.

Nowadays, fanfic gets book deals which then get movie deals.

Poe + Finn movie it is.

Oh God ... with Catherine Hardwicke or Sam Taylor Johnson directing, no less. Sounds like something you'd come up with using the Star Wars sequel debacle simulatron.

Google search it if you haven't heard of it. It's good fun.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.