Mass Effect Andromeda director Chris Wynn leaves BioWare

Odine

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/12/28/mass-effect-andromeda-director-chris-wynn-leaves-bioware?%20hub%20page%20(front%20page)&utm_content=13

Hopefully its cause he just misses home or something... but I smell discord. Doesn't seem right for a game's Director to abandon his/her post a year out from release. I smell EA shitting on his vision, and directorial refusal to compromise.

Some of the comments are telling.. or at least the nerds who comment on IGN articles are often bang on the money with their guesses and opinions.

Ill still play this for sure and remain cautiously optimistic but I think Mass Effect is in danger of going the way of Destiny. I hope im proven wrong though.

Yeah I hope so too. I don't know the ins and outs of games development, so I have no idea what stage in the timeline they're at, and weather they have enough locked down for the directors vision to remain intact. I dunno. Maybe there is still enough time left for this not to be a crippling issue.. and maybe they get an even better director in.. who knows. All I know is change in leadership like this can make everyone nervous, lower morale and lead to a lesser product. Particularly if the original vision and director/leader is well respected.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.