Returning Member Check-In

Darth Kid

• 2 weeks later...

I'll play

User: Stool Sample/Darth Bane

Originally joined: 2001-ish?

Reason for joining: episodeii.com then wrestling

Left: 2006?

Reason: Joined the military, couldn't find the time... made a few attempts to come back, it never stuck. Reese was the catalyst, I believe, however. I just used a comment she made to huff and puff about something and left in high drama fashion - I'd have it no other way, really.

Reason returned: Honestly... I have lurked at least once a week since leaving the military (2007) - so... I'm just creepy. But not deep lurking. I literally open Lando/Cantina to see if anything catches my interest and then bail. Today this caught my interest - you know, cause I got to talk about myself...

Plan on staying: Will likely continue my lurking habits, honestly.

Timeline since 2005

- 2005 joined the US military

- 2006 went to war

- 2007 honorably discharged, got married to my high school sweetheart

- 2008 started working for the State Department overseas

- 2009 kept working with the State Department (and various other 3-letter agencies)

- 2010 caught a bunch of terrorists. quit my job. we moved to Germany

- 2011 lived in Germany and Ethiopia, working as Humanitarian Aid Workers and Missionaries

- 2012 lived in Bangladesh, Thailand and Eastern Europe working as Humanitarian Aid Workers and Missionaries. Then moved to Hawaii - had my first son.

- 2013 lived in Hawaii, working at a film studio that we're building here

- 2014 in Hawaii working in movies

- 2015 in Hawaii working and producing my own movies - Seth and I almost cross paths, we didn't. Had my second son.

- 2016.... what will it hold?

Things of note:

I think I've done a lot of cool and neat stuff in my short life - but being a father is, by far, the greatest thing I've ever done. I highly recommend it.

Father.

Fought war.

Honorably discharged.

RESPECT

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Hwa_rang

Name: Hwa_rang

Aliases: i had this name with a dash instead of an underscore, various others that got banned.

Originally Joined: A bit after episode I

Left: Looks like it was fall of 2011. Yes, I went back and checked.

Reason: Life. Kid 2 was really struggling. He was out of school for a bit. Not good times for us.

Reason Returned: TFA. Finally decided I'd just register a new name. Life is significantly calmer.

Plan on Staying: Yes. I think so. We'll see.

People I remember from back then:

The other day, I was at a funeral for a family member. Saw lots of other family members who I only see at things like these. Someone asked if I knew who another person was. I refused to guess at her name, in the event I embarrassed myself by being wrong. I'll do the same here.

Timeline of Interesting things that happened while gone:

Umm.... I don't really think there's been much.

Got rid of one kid (to college) so haven't really totally gotten rid of him yet. I don't even think he was in school yet when I first joined here.

Moved, not that far though.

Fell asleep for a bit while writing this post.

• 4 weeks later...

Name: Kyrian

Aliases: None (though I may have a ninja account for Kyrian. Those who've been here long enough may remember the pirates vs. ninjas thing)

Originally Joined: 2006

Left: Not sure, some time in 2008?

Reason: Scandal! Controversy! Me acting like a little bitch!

Reason Returned: Sheer and utter boredom

Plan on Staying: Maybe. Make me an offer.

Lots. Most of SWG, including Ayani, Sigh Snootles, JediJami, Mrslukeskywalker, Darth Lohr, etc. Some of Lando, like Cerina, Krawlie, IMEricka, few others. Then there's wutwut, bobba fett (think that was his name), Mr Winch, Pips, white_wizard (i think), Jacen...there's more, I just don't remember their names.

Not a lot, I'm boring.

-Dropped out of uni after failing the first year and retrying another year;

-Became a security guard;

-Did a stint as a traffic marshal;

-Moved to near Gatwick;

-Got back with an ex and we're now engaged;

-Moved back to Croydon;

-Got a better job as a security guard;

-Got promoted to where I am now;

-Spent a year as a marshal at an airsoft site I was a regular at, I'm now back to being a player.

Yeah, there it is.

Sup guys.

User: wutwut

Originally joined: 2002

Reason for joining: Something to do with the prequels

Left: Around 2007 ish?

Reason: Just kind of drifted away and got on with real life and work

Reason returned: Think I kind of came back breifly in 2010 but when I logged on recently to see if this place still existed I had a look around and saw that TFA seemed to bring back a bunch of the old timers.

Plan on staying: On and off, yeh probably

Timeline since 2005

Almost exactly like Kyrian. Most of SWG, including Ayani, Sigh Snootles, JediJami, Mrslukeskywalker, Darth Lohr, dag-o-baa, etc. Some of Lando, like Cerina, Krawlie, IMEricka, few others.

Moved to Leeds uk with a uni friend of mine

Worked as an assistant manager of an Aldi supermarket

Got fed up with that and ended up working for one of the large retail banks in the UK as a sales person

Got fed up with that and became a fraud investigator and never looked back :)

Also decided to try the whole online dating thing and met the love of my life, been together going on for 4 years now, engaged after 9 months, married last august and taking her to Orlando at easter.

Oh and ended up being diagnosed with late onset Type 1 diabetes shortly after meeting my wife.

Still stay intouch with Lex (kyrian) and Dag-O-baa when I can.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.