Star Wars Anthology Wish List

Driver

So we're getting a kid Han Solo movie, and Rogue One is out in a year.

Yoda and Boba Fett have both been rumored-- but I personally think Yoda is too one-note to carry a movie, and Boba Fett is a better supporting character than a lead.

I think the no brainer Anothology film would be an Obi-Wan movie. Ewan McGregor is still the perfect choice, and I'm sure he could be lured back if he knew he;d actually have a shot of doing a cool Star Wars movie. I just can't decide what what would be better:

A movie where we see that he wasn't a hermit that whole time-- and had some epic, universe-altering adventures, perhaps looking for other surviving Jedi, or helping the Alliance get off the ground.

or

A movie that is technically "small" for Star Wars, but very fitting for the character. A western-like tale, all on Tattooine with Obi-Wan helping moisture farmers contend with Jabba's raiders. Something very Man With No Name-ish.

What else is deserving of an Anthology film?

Guest madddox

Gangster/crime style movie involving the Hutts, bounty hunters, and naked alien chicks.

Phasma can cameo as a child forced into slavery by the Hutts, and falls in love with an older Boba Fett. It can be like LEON.

Mon Mothma film(s)

Jimmy Smits flying around the galaxy with the droids and the wife in the Tantive IV, getting in and out of scrapes and helping the needy

a bad guy movie, the bad guys hunting down rebel scum, flying those bad guy ships while the Imperial March plays (they could even call it that, it's not too bad of a title)

scoundrels and smugglers

If they're going to go the full Marvel and just have a Star Wars Cinematic Universe with a movie coming out of every seven months there's really no end to what they can do, is there?

Guest madddox

"Jawas: The Battle for Tattoine"

I was thinking Jawas too. But make it a silent movie about how one Jawa gets cast out from his group/clan and tries to find his way alone out on the dunes of Tatooine, bumping into other non-English speaking aliens and creatures.

In fact, make this a short.

A Dirty Harry cop story set on one of the more populated planets, with a hard, take-no-prisoners cop (but who has a good heart) who is technically Imperial, facing off against cartels, smugglers, bounty hunters and other shitbags who want to disrupt the order of things. A story involving some innocents will have him question his motivations and place in the universe. Cheese central.

I never got the allure of smugglers in this universe. The EU wet itself over them but I never got it.

"We're the Empire and we've decided that Jawa t shirts are illegal!!!"

"I'm totally sneaking past you with Jawa t shirts!!! Tee hee!!!"

They needed Han to be a bad boy but not TOO bad. I get that. But TFA showed a little guts by making the bad boy background more sinister. I would have been more impressed if he'd killed before and regretted it but baby steps.

I never got the allure of smugglers in this universe. The EU wet itself over them but I never got it.

"We're the Empire and we've decided that Jawa t shirts are illegal!!!"

"I'm totally sneaking past you with Jawa t shirts!!! Tee hee!!!"

They needed Han to be a bad boy but not TOO bad. I get that. But TFA showed a little guts by making the bad boy background more sinister. I would have been more impressed if he'd killed before and regretted it but baby steps.

Smugglers=space pirates. Pirates=cool. Space pirates = cooler.

A movie that is technically "small" for Star Wars, but very fitting for the character. A western-like tale, all on Tattooine with Obi-Wan helping moisture farmers contend with Jabba's raiders. Something very Man With No Name-ish.

EU fans would explode since that was the plot of Kenobi. I hope it happens.

Explode in a good way. Kenobi is amazing.

Bringing back Ewan McGreggor would be nice, but ultimately limiting.

If they were to tap into the EU, first thing on my wishlist would be finding a way to insert a new version of Wraith Squadron into the series. A mismatched group of fighter pilots / commandos / intelligence officers using their skills in interesting and unexpected ways. It'd be an easy job to tie their exploits into the beginning of the next movie as the fruits of their mission could set up the opening action of the movie.

Read Mercy Kill about 6 months ago and was greatly saddened to see Aaron Allston had passed away.

They are doing a live action television show right? If done right those could be amazing add one to the series. The Clone Wars series fleshed out so much of what AOTC and ROTS couldn't. Rebels is a nice set of adventures set after ROTS, but they are animated.

Nothing about a live action show has been confirmed, but I wouldn't be surprised if one eventually gets green lit.

Read Mercy Kill about 6 months ago and was greatly saddened to see Aaron Allston had passed away.

Poe Dameron is the spiritual successor of Wes Janson. Aaron would have loved him. :cry:

Smugglers=space pirates. Pirates=cool. Space pirates = cooler.

This isn't directed at you so much as the general Fandom on this topic.

Smugglers sneak illegal shit across borders and into nations, usually as part of a prearranged contract. Basically rogue truck drivers. They're about as vanilla as you can get and still be a criminal.

Pirates board ships and raid coastal cities for plunder. Sometimes they also kidnap, rape, and murder.

The two concepts have absolutely nothing in common other than they both use ships. Nothing. It's like saying military personnel and mobsters are the same thing because they both have a chain of command and use guns. It's ridiculous.

Han Solo is not a "space pirate" ... OT dialogue be damned. He's a smuggler. Which means he's basically a galactic jaywalker. As shady pasts go it's Disneyesque

Guest El Chalupacabra

I have absolutely ZERO interest in a Young or Kid Han Solo movie.

I can totally go for a Boba Fett movie, as long as it has a good story to it. I think if anyone could have a spaghetti western style movie, it would be Boba Fett.

Rogue One sounds like a fun movie, and I will see it for sure, but it wasn't something I feel like I "have" to see.

A Yoda movie could work. I agree he is more a supporting character, so it would have to be along side other characters. Here are some ideas I think that could work with Yoda:

1. Yoda with other council members, like Mace Windu. I am thinking Pre-Clone Wars, maybe Pre TPM, even.

2. Yoda in exile between Episodes 3 & 4. Maybe even alongside Obi Wan.

3. Yoda when he was very young. It might be interesting to see the Old Republic era on screen. That could be a setting for a Mandalorian VS Jedi war.

I wouldn't mind seeing a sith-based film, set around the time they were wiped out, and how they came up with the rule of two. I would like to see Darth Bane wiped out from continuity, since I hate the name.

I also wouldn't mind an anthology film where Ian Mcdermid could reprise his role as Palpatine.

But honestly, the anthology films I REALLY want to see is Obi Wan, set between episodes 3 & 4! Too many possibilities to list there! I like the idea of Obi Wan either going on a couple secret missions for Bail Organa, or also using his jedi powers in secret to protect Tattooine settlers from the Sand People, or maybe a new threat, like an imperial inquisitor snooping around Tatooine, regarding rumors of a crazy old wizard named Ben Kenobi.

Not sure I see a Jabba VS settlers story i'd want to see there. Why would a big time gang lord want to mess with some broke ass settlers and moisture farmers on Tattooine?

Regardless of the story, what I want is a broken and sad Obi-Wan. He takes a beating cause he feels like he deserves it after having a hand in creating Vader.

He doesn't use his powers and he doesn't take on charity cases or go out of his way to help.

Until he reached a limit or something so bad happens he can't turn his back on it.

Then he remembers what it means to be a Jedi.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Cause he's like a corrupt cattle rancher and taxes their income and roughed up their women folk!

Sounds more like a job for the A-Team!

Regardless of the story, what I want is a broken and sad Obi-Wan. He takes a beating cause he feels like he deserves it after having a hand in creating Vader.

He doesn't use his powers and he doesn't take on charity cases or go out of his way to help.

Until he reached a limit or something so bad happens he can't turn his back on it.

Then he remembers what it means to be a Jedi.

I can totally see that.

At the conclusion of the story (be it a single film, or multiple films), I would like to see Obi Wan suffer some kind of injury or something that diminishes his health somehow, that precludes him from going after Vader. I have always had a problem with the fact Yoda and Obi Wan never teamed up against Vader. Sure, we have the excuse that Obi Wan was keeping an eye on Luke, but that is a little thin of an excuse. In 19+ years, there should have been at least one opportunity for Obi Wan and Yoda to take out Vader. But if Obi Wan's health prevented that, it would help explain why they had to wait for Luke to grow up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.