Star Wars Anthology Wish List

Driver

Cause he's like a corrupt cattle rancher and taxes their income and roughed up their women folk!

Sounds more like a job for the A-Team!

Regardless of the story, what I want is a broken and sad Obi-Wan. He takes a beating cause he feels like he deserves it after having a hand in creating Vader.

He doesn't use his powers and he doesn't take on charity cases or go out of his way to help.

Until he reached a limit or something so bad happens he can't turn his back on it.

Then he remembers what it means to be a Jedi.

I can totally see that.

At the conclusion of the story (be it a single film, or multiple films), I would like to see Obi Wan suffer some kind of injury or something that diminishes his health somehow, that precludes him from going after Vader. I have always had a problem with the fact Yoda and Obi Wan never teamed up against Vader. Sure, we have the excuse that Obi Wan was keeping an eye on Luke, but that is a little thin of an excuse. In 19+ years, there should have been at least one opportunity for Obi Wan and Yoda to take out Vader. But if Obi Wan's health prevented that, it would help explain why they had to wait for Luke to grow up.

Technically there's nothing to say Obi-Wan and Vader couldn't meet again. Vader says to Tarkin he sensed a presence not felt since in the company of his former master. There's nothing definitive that says Mustufar had to be the last time the saw each other.

The biggest tell they met again is that when Luke tells Vader he can sense the good in him and that there's still a chance for him, that "Obi-wan once thought as you do." Which to me, always meant that Obi-Wan at some point tried to bring Anakin back.

I was expecting that (foolishly because Iearn no lessons) in ROTS, but Obi-Wan was pretty much just there to shut Anakin down.

That might be an interesting story-- Obi-Wan trying to save Anakin one last time, and the duel ending with vader actually thinking he's dead, and Obi-Wan too wounded to ever really give it a full go again.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Technically there's nothing to say Obi-Wan and Vader couldn't meet again. Vader says to Tarkin he sensed a presence not felt since in the company of his former master. There's nothing definitive that says Mustufar had to be the last time the saw each other.

The biggest tell they met again is that when Luke tells Vader he can sense the good in him and that there's still a chance for him, that "Obi-wan once thought as you do." Which to me, always meant that Obi-Wan at some point tried to bring Anakin back.

I was expecting that (foolishly because Iearn no lessons) in ROTS, but Obi-Wan was pretty much just there to shut Anakin down.

That might be an interesting story-- Obi-Wan trying to save Anakin one last time, and the duel ending with vader actually thinking he's dead, and Obi-Wan too wounded to ever really give it a full go again.

This is true. Nothing technically does contradict it, and I personally think it would be a good story to see: Obi wan trying one last time, in vain, to redeem Vader. And if Obi Wan is injured AND Vader thinks Obi Wan is dead, that would go a long way to explain why Obi Wan never tried again: both because he felt it was futile, and because he physically couldn't.

Personally, I am hoping for Obi Wan trilogy, or at least a two-movie story. Maybe part one could be a reluctant and self loathing Obi Wan being asked to go on a mission, and he initially turns it down, until something forces his hand to step in and do something heroic. Maybe in movie 1, an inquisitor coming to Tatooine looking for him, and that also threatens Luke, by extension, so Obi Wan takes action to stop the Inquisitor, which sets him on a path to take the fight to Vader for for movie 2.

There's just so much with so much material to be mined surrounding Obi-Wan. Such a missed opportunity given that Qui-Gon stole his plot points in TPM and then he spent two movies chasing down filler material because Lucas didn't know what to do with him up until the duel.

Obi-Wan was the first Jedi we met as an audience, and while he may not have been the most powerful, highest ranking or infamous, I always thought of him as the most devout. He is the quintessential Jedi. He is our image of what a Jedi should be.

One of two moments of emotional resonance I felt in the PT is in ROTS when he says "I have failed you, Anakin."

Even when the PT was nothing but some notes on George's vault, I always wondered about what sort of guilt Obi-Wan must carry. I always figured that the third part of the PT would be Vader hunting Jedi and Obi-Wan deciding to stop him. I think I still want to see that.

Guest HantheMann

I like the idea, but when they did meet on the Death Star, Vader pointed out that the last time they met, Vader was "but a learner and OB1 was the master," now Vader was the master (OB1: "only a master of evil, Darth.") That tells me that OB1 must have bested him again and/or Vader felt overpowered and escaped.

Guest HantheMann

That could just as easily mean he was still early in his mastery of the dark side. It was smack talk more this anything else

That makes sense too. BTW: the exact quote was "When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master."

After having wasted so much time dissecting the Prequels for lack of continuity with the exposition in the OT (and being all cranky about that), I really need to just let it go this time around and enjoy these new movies for what they are.

There's just so much with so much material to be mined surrounding Obi-Wan. Such a missed opportunity given that Qui-Gon stole his plot points in TPM and then he spent two movies chasing down filler material because Lucas didn't know what to do with him up until the duel.

Obi-Wan was the first Jedi we met as an audience, and while he may not have been the most powerful, highest ranking or infamous, I always thought of him as the most devout. He is the quintessential Jedi. He is our image of what a Jedi should be.

One of two moments of emotional resonance I felt in the PT is in ROTS when he says "I have failed you, Anakin."

Even when the PT was nothing but some notes on George's vault, I always wondered about what sort of guilt Obi-Wan must carry. I always figured that the third part of the PT would be Vader hunting Jedi and Obi-Wan deciding to stop him. I think I still want to see that.

Yes! This sums up my hopes, and ultimate dissapointment in the PT. Something with Vader mopping up isolated survivors of Order 66 would be cool.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Yes! This sums up my hopes, and ultimate dissapointment in the PT. Something with Vader mopping up isolated survivors of Order 66 would be cool.

Same here. Obi Wan is the consummate Jedi. Between Ewan McGregorr and Alec Guiness, Obi Wan to me is one of the most interesting characters in Star Wars. As a young man, he is almost Galahad-like, and as an old man, he is Merlin-like. The sad thing is he blames himself for Anakin, but really, it was the whole Jedi Order that failed Anakin, as well as Anakin failing himself. And say what you will about the PT, Obi Wan was the one character that shined in all 3 movies, and I think Ewan McGregor's performance single-handedly redeems the PT for me. For me, I think of the PT being as much about Obi wan, as it is about Anakin. I really hope that someone involved with the movies does realize a lot of fans would love to see some Obi Wan films, and starring Ewan McGregor. As cool as TCW was, I want to see McGregor reprise the role, and everything I have read seems to indicate he is very open to the idea.

Also, I would like to see Vader in action again, and I also would like to see him hunting down some survivors, as well. We are already getting a bit of that with Star Wars Rebels, but there is no substitute for live action. In fact, between that idea, and Obi Wan, there really is a lot of material there for a live action series. Since we have the new big bad on screen in Kylo Ren, why not have Vader (and Obi Wan) on the small screen?

That's what I used to think of her character in TCW. And then she ends up surviving through ROTS and is now part of the start of the rebellion. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney milks her by putting her on the big screen.

A friend of mine received the Obi Wan mythos figure for Christmas. When I read the story on the box it reminded me of this conversation. It's too much to retype so I just took pics of it and attached them here.

post-3385-0-39655900-1451449316_thumb.jpg

post-3385-0-19992300-1451449328_thumb.jpg

I want a Han movie but not an origin story. Just maybe something about him going on a smuggling run and things go to hell. Just a seemingly random adventure with just a few small hints about his backstory. I just want to see what an average job was like for him a few years or so before he meets Luke.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.