Your Episode 8 Nooooooooooo List

Pong Messiah

And for the 7357852467th time, JJ's part is done. He's not overseeing the ST, Kathleen Kennedy is and the writers/directors of the next two movies are already doing their thing.

That's what they want you to think.

It could still just be that Poe loves Finn, but Finn likes Rey.

That sexual frustration should fuel the slash mongers just fine.

Just kidding-- they don't care about continuity. I'm sure Leia installed a vibrator on R2 in the first SW slash written.

And for the 7357852467th time, JJ's part is done. He's not overseeing the ST, Kathleen Kennedy is and the writers/directors of the next two movies are already doing their thing.

Its not completely done. He will be EP

JJ Abrams: “Larry [Kasdan] and I had a bunch of thoughts of where certain things could go and we shared those things with Rian Johnson, who’s directing VIII. He had things that he came up with where he asked if it was possible if we could make some adjustments with what we were doing at the end, most of which we did-there were just a couple that didn’t feel right, so he made adjustments-but it was just collaboration.”

From https://www.yahoo.com/movies/j-j-abrams-responds-rip-off-criticism-star-200345779.html

Oh, don't start that. :)

It is no different than it ever was. They are canon until a movie wants to do something contradictory. I know, I know STORY GROUP exists to head that stuff off before it can happen-- but I'm promising you right now if a POE IS GAY book comes out tomorrow, and Colin Trevorrow decides to give Poe a girlfriend in episode IX... he's getting a girlfriend.

Is there any particular reason why people think there could be a Poe/Finn romance? I mean besides the "I played it like a romance" line of course. It was pretty clear to me that was merely a (very effective) device Oscar Isaac was using to help create a friendship, because there was nothing that even HINTED romance or flirty on screen. Just his super cool personality.

Oh, don't start that. :)

It is no different than it ever was. They are canon until a movie wants to do something contradictory. I know, I know STORY GROUP exists to head that stuff off before it can happen-- but I'm promising you right now if a POE IS GAY book comes out tomorrow, and Colin Trevorrow decides to give Poe a girlfriend in episode IX... he's getting a girlfriend.

They've been making it up as they go along this far. Doubt that'll change now.

I doubt there'll be a romance in this trilogy at all. Romance is dying, moviegoers don't want to see it.

Rey won't be in a romance with anybody. That'll p!ss off the girl-power crowd. Disney's taken enough flak from them.

Poe and Finn won't be in a romance with each other. That'll p!ss off the family values crowd, and SW's core fan base is still quite young.

And nobody wants to p!ss off anybody these days, because it's everybody's God given right to see only what they want to see.

I doubt there'll be a romance in this trilogy at all. Romance is dying, moviegoers don't want to see it.

There's plenty of money to be made off of romance. If Fifty Shades of Grey and Twilight films can do it, there's a huge audience out anxious for a mega-romance to be made and done right.

I honestly don't care about Finn/Poe being made canon, but I DO care about Gay/Bi Poe being made canon. And if Oscar says he was playing romance, well, I believe him!

Did he say that anywhere other than the Ellen interview?

There's plenty of money to be made off of romance. If Fifty Shades of Grey

I don't think you know what the word romance means.

There's plenty of money to be made off of romance. If Fifty Shades of Grey

I don't think you know what the word romance means.

God tell me you're just bagging on Fifty Shades of Grey, because I do NOT feel like having to explain why it's a romance even if it seeks to educate the audience about the self-evident nature of a butt plug.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.