Your Episode 8 Nooooooooooo List

Pong Messiah

dookus granddaughter

look while it is easy and obvious and would work i am on record as saying i hope shes not another ****ing skywalker

but dookuspawn

wtf

Why not? Recall his backstory of being an aristocrat with a hereditary title of nobility (Count). It's not difficult at all to think up a backstory where he had a son or daughter to further his line after leaving the Jedi. As far as character goes, it fits Dooku just fine and is easier to envision than Palpatine.

And Dooku is established as an S-Class Force user. Likely only Anakin, Yoda, Mace, and Palpatine were his equal in the Prequel era. Capable of using Force Lightening, easily defeating Obi-Wan Kenobi with his lightsaber twice and fighting Yoda to a draw. He even defeated Anakin Skywalker and severed his arm. So, if Rey were to have inherited Force adeptness from Dooku, it is plausible that she can hold her own with a Skywalker.

20 something years later, Luke comes across Dooku's adult heir. During Kylo Ren's attack, the heir is forced to abandon his/her daughter Rey and is subsequently murdered.

Was reading an interview today with Kasden, he talked about how Lucas back in the day said that anyone who wanted to learn the Force could. I'd like that idea to be shown in this trilogy.

They'd have to retcon the Midichlorians right out of the series to pull that one off. And, while they seem to be pretending the Prequels didn't happen, turning around and outright contradicting them is a whole new step.

From the brief flashback it appeared that Rey was either sold to the junk dealer or taken as payment.

Neither of those scenarios is a likely position for either Luke or Han and Leia to be in.

I like the idea of Rey being a Kenobi. But I don't see why she has to directly descend from a force user. What if Obi-Wan had a sister or a brother? Still blood related but not the child of. It makes more sense to me that someone like that would be in dire straights and need to offload a child or be forced to give her up.

It's a safe bet that he's done this before and that Han and Leia know about it. If they are willing to let Ben back into their lives and to just go on living as a "good guy" eventhough he's done all that stuff but wouldn't if he had killed their daughter, that makes them pretty terrible people.

"It's ok to kill as many people as you want, but not your sister!"

They already are terrible people, at least Luke and Leia in terms of their family. That's the flaw in the Skywalkers. Anakin, so what if you murdered hundreds of beings across the galaxy, including children. As long as you saved your son from the Emperor, you are redeemed.

Also-- and this has cracked me up in terms of fan speculation for every movie since AOTC-- since when is Star Wars THAT complex really? Sure, the Vader=Anakin thing was big in its time, but beyond that, the simplest explanation for a Star Wars mystery has always ended up being the one that's true.

Palpatine = Sidous

Padme = Dead

the other hope = Leia

Syfo Dyas = a dead Jedi whose credit card was stolen

Don't forget Naboo = Dagobah

When is Dooku mentioned as S class? What class does that make Anakin, Yoda?

Anakin was obviously the most talented Force user of the series, but never really lived up to his potential. And Dooku was about equal to Yoda, or maybe a small step below.

Anyway, I think the established most powerful Force users of the Prequels were Anakin, Yoda, Mace Windu, Palpatine, and Dooku. And Obi-Wan was in the mix just below them.

If Rey's heritage comes from an old bloodline, those are your candidates. And Yoda and Mace are eliminated from contention for obvious reasons. So you're down to choosing between Skywalker, Kenobi, Palpatine, Dooku, and a new bloodline.

Are we still bagging out midichlorines?

Can't. They're a part of the lore now. They probably won't ever get mentioned again, but, like it or not, the idea that anyone can use the Force and that it's open to anyone willing to learn cannot be a part of the series.

It's just like any other talent. Jerry Rice was far from the most talented wide receiver on the field. He made more out of his limited gifts than anyone else every Sunday. Meanwhile, Randy Moss had freakish physical gifts unlike anyone else in the league. For a long time it made him the best in the league, but he had potential to be the greatest ever and never quite got there.

Still, you put Jerry Rice's soul into Sean Astin's body, he never steps foot on a professional field. The talent threshold to get there remains well beyond the average person. So, while it's not a total matter of potential = result (or high midichlorian count equals stronger Jedi), the pool of people who are capable of achieving these heights is still limited to a select few individuals.

A Jedi like Obi-Wan is probably akin to a Jerry Rice while, while Anakin is closer to a Randy Moss.

Kylo Ren might be akin to JaMarcus Russell.

These analogies are meaningless to some of us. So is "S-class", for that matter.

I was just grouping the strongest Force users together. "S-class" is a generic term for at the top. It's a crossover from Japanese video games and anime. If it bothers you, then pretend I didn't say it. It's not like I got it out of a source book or something.

My basic point is that Dooku holds his own against the most powerful characters of the series. If Rey were his granddaughter, there would be instant credibility in her being highly talented.

As to the football analogy. I was just demonstrating how talent could still be a thing while also allowing for individual differences. Basically so that you don't have a Dragon Ball Z power level issue where it's all a matter who has the biggest number of midichlorians.

From the brief flashback it appeared that Rey was either sold to the junk dealer or taken as payment.

There is nothing that even hints at Rey being a slave.

It's something I have been wondering about.

- He is the one that is holding her back as a kid.

- When she's cleaning her haul there is clearly an overseer telling her to stop daydreaming

but at the same time

-she can pretty much come and go as she wishes

-she lives on her own away from town

I didn't say it bothered me. I said it was meaningless to me. I'm not a fan of the EU, but I am familiar with the bulk of it, and "S-class" was never mentioned anywhere that I'm familiar with. Since it's an anime reference, it's no wonder I was lost!

I've given up on the idea of using extraneous material to "enhance" the films. The on screen stuff should be sufficient for the story. Visual dictionaries and RPG guide books are just a way to make a couple extra bucks on the films.

My "noooooo" list includes no to Rey = Skywalker by genetics. An heir doesn't have to be an offspring. Rey is clearly being set up as Luke's successor. I just don't see the need for her to be a child of Skywalker to be worthy of the inheritance.

I've given up on the idea of using extraneous material to "enhance" the films. The on screen stuff should be sufficient for the story. Visual dictionaries and RPG guide books are just a way to make a couple extra bucks on the films.

For what it's worth, with the mild exception of "Count" being a hereditary title, I wasn't referencing source material at all. Not even the animated material. I was going by how they were presented on-screen, how they regarded each other in the dialogue, and how they matched up in their various fights.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.