Christmas stress

Both and more.

Christmas is stressful because it's almost all on me, because we have a new baby and my wife can't do things. I also have to take care of said baby in the evenings, after having sole care of my two year old son from the moment I get home from work until he goes to bed at 8. So sometime in there I've had to do all the shopping, wrapping, etc.

And my wife is a perfectionist about everything and didn't really trust me to do the shopping.

And my job is awful and I'm applying for new jobs all the time, which is additional stress.

Jacob, this is the best time EVAR to drink.

I have to do the LAST of my split shifts today-traffic for the South Sound and Portland and ain't NOBODY on the damn roads. I have Fireball and I'm basically getting paid to drink.

I was told about my 2nd ex-husband's new girlfriend and I wish I didn't know. This has brought up all sorts of ****ing anxiety and I feel like I have no control over it. This relationship also fell apart the last 2 Christmases so there's THAT. AND I've gotten so little sleep lately, I feel like Doc Brown in Back to the Future. I've eaten far too much chocolate and my mouth feels like it needs to be sandblasted. AND THE CHRISTMAS MAGGOTS are just IN MY WAY EVERYWHERE and I wish they would all be as miserable as I feel right now and want them to die.

All of the needy and neurotic people in my life are a handful at the best of times, but it gets absolutely stupid at Christmas. Try being reminded by your wife, while making whoopie pies late on x-mas eve, that you forgot to buy something for your mother, who definately belongs in a "Meet the Fockers" type of film and you'll fast understand precisely what Christmas stress really means. Plus, x-mas day is the only extra day off I'm getting since boxing day and new years are on weekends this year. <sigh> I'll rest when I'm dead, I guess.

I posted about my stress in the something off thread. My Mom and sister have been stressing me if only because I feel guilty I am not closer to help but then I realize I'd just want to stab them both for being ***holes who created their own problems. No one raised me and everything I have I earned. But it is my job as the responsible one to help them pick up the pieces of crappy decisions they made. What's worse is I hit a curb hard with my car being distracted by nekkid people in Austin and it cost 1900 to fix it and I had to put 700 bucks in my Mom's overdrafted account to keep the lights on where they live because they bought a 107$ Prime Rib Roast from god knows where and it sucked so they fed it to the chickens. Seriously. I wanna know why you buy an extremely good cut of meat at the butchers and then overcook it on PURPOSE!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.