Your Episode 8 Wishlist

Darth Kid

As such, I hope they do more here than have some bad-ass hot chick with a light saber waste a bunch of space nazis. Y

Who is the hot chick......

OP:

1. No idiotic EU references.

No Fett family.

Finn and Rey being drawn together yet again and/or realizing they need each other, so the deep set up of TFA is not tossed aside / losing an important emotional anchor in this trilogy.

Leia not suddenly using powers never established. Every force sensitive person does not end up accessing powers like Luke, et al.

No overt social or political square pegs forced into the round hole of a fantasy series that is not...Star Trek, It was only until the awful prequels that Lucas polluted the series with feeble attacks on his Space Neocons--probably a greater eye-roll inducer than Jar Jar.

If they manage to drag Billy Dee Williams back to SW, create some reason for his TFA absence that makes him a major player to E8 plot, not the SW equivalent of a Love Boat Special Guest Star for nostalgia's sake.

No cutesy team-up scenes between R2 & BB.

Rey not being a Skywalker. Since the crappy prequels, SW has turned into Days of Our Lives...in Space, where every major character is related to every other major character (by blood, or some other unlikely events). The setting is a galaxy, not an isolated settlement in the Appalachian mountains, where you just might be related to the next 300 people around you. Rey was compelling enough that she deserves her own, unique background.

NO cloning/ripping ESB just to be that dark middle act. In other words, no secret relations, no cliffhangers with the heroes. There are near endless plots yet to be created & brought to SW. Go find them.

Why not explore Ren not being someone capable of returning to the light side? As in real life, some people are irredeemable, and die that way. That would cast a nice, realistic tone of dread / no expected triumphant happy ending for the new trilogy.

I hope Finn learns by flashback sequence that he's Mace Windu's grandson when he stumbles across a purple lightsaber in the basement of that bar we saw in AOTC and instinctually learns the vapaat saber form and uses it to channel Snoke's darkside against him so he can then redirect Sith lightning back at Snoke's face who then screams noooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with alot of what Justus said, however I demand a cutesy BB8 and R2 scene.

How about this, and not saying I think it will happen or even I want it to happen just throwing it against the wall. We get a sort of opposite of ESB where the Resistance is actually winning over TFO and pushing them to the brink. We get a set up for a final battle that the Resistance, and Leia, is VERY confident will work and destroy TFO, including Kylo Ren. However Leia is so heartbroken over Hans death that she simply cannot stand the idea of her son being killed in this attack. So she goes through channels and warns Kylo of the attack. This ofcourse leads to disasterous consequences for the Resistance.

I like the idea, just not sure I like having this happen to Leia.

But then you have the Resistance having a win in each act of the overall story. Half the reason the victory in ROTJ felt so good was because the Empire won over and over in ESB.

Each individual movie has a three act structure, but the OT, and ST I am guessing, work on a similar larger 3 act model as well. For the finale to feel earned and justified, I think you can count on The First Order scoring a hard win in 8.

I didn't explain myself well. When Leia gives the info to Kylo before the final act of the movie it would prove so disasterous to the Resistance that the end of the movie would be quite dark.

Basically first act of the movie has the Resistance chasing down TFO and winning the war.

Second act is the Resistance plotting their final assault that they think will destroy TFO, ending with Leia giving info to Kylo about this attack

Third act is this final battle where with the Leia info TFO completely and utterly turns the tables on the Resistance, leaving the Resistance in tatters at the end of the movie.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.