Your Episode 8 Wishlist

Darth Kid

One thing I would like to have happen is an evolution of Rey's theme. It is a nice theme and has an air of innocence about it, well matching Rey in TFA. It also has parts that seem like they could be sped up and played with brassier instruments that could echo a warrior transformation for her.

I had hoped with TPM that they would do the same type of thing for Anakin's theme, which would have, of course, progressed further in ROTS fully into Imperial March. Sadly, they just abandoned Anakin's theme, though. That makes me want to see this even more now.

I love the echo of The Imperial March in The Jedi Steps

I really want (new Force prodigy) Rey to have an epic struggle with the dark side in VIII (or IX) because I think it could be amazing

A turn to (and recovery from, possibly involving the self-sacrifice of a major character) the dark side would be even better, but I've had to (reluctantly) let that one go because giving Rey so much power only to see her not being able to handle it would be extremely controversial

Guest El Chalupacabra

Back in my day, just having a single-bladed lightsaber was cool enough!

Rey having Anakin's/Luke's old saber is all she needs, IMHO.

How about some lightsaber nunchucks? That'd be sweet. I mean, I assume the person would have to use the Force to wield them because the second you grabbed on your hand would be cut off, but that's even cooler, right?

Greivous was lame because him weilding a lightsaber was basically a Veg-O-Matic commercial. "Watch him slice, dice, and jullian! But wait there's more! He can walk like a crab!"

I kinda like the Inquisitor lightsabers. They're basically standard issue. It's cool when it spins. Though that works because it's a cartoon.

Dual-wielding...nah. It's kind of like cheating. At least the double-bladed jobbie the other person stands a fighting chance of keeping up because it has a built in handicap as well as the advantage. I would rather see dual-bladed or only single-bladed. Anyone that cuts down an opponent while dual-wielding should automatically gain 1000 darkside points.

I remember virtually every weapon imaginable being discussed as a lightsaber during the prequels. Lightsaber axe, lightsaber spear, lightsaber goddamned bow and arrow

My favorite were that spoilers about Dooku's saber at first being a "flame saber" because somebody thought that extra point looked like a flame-thrower fuel emitter, or later that the blade would be curved because the hilt was.

A plot that revolves mostly around both side's attempts to harness the force, like a Jedi cold war espionage thing.

Force ghost

Some scenes where a character is exploring a temple, looking for mysteries of the force, or whatnot

Lots of scenes of Luke being the Master Pai Mei to Rey's The Bride.

Let's just go full Heidi/Pollyanna

An AT-ST

An A-Wing or B-Wing

A really cool, new ship

A ROTJ-style space battle

More screen time for Poe!

I hate saying this, but we need some galactic politics. Bring the Republic into the mix to some degree (which I'm sure they will since a bunch of their planets went kaboom)

A clear explanation of the goals and agendas of the various factions in the galaxy.

Kylo Ren crying like a little b**** when Luke tells him the truth about Vader.

A lightsaber-training-fight between Luke and Rey

Max Rebo

Death Star 4 and 5 - TWO death stars that can combine into an uber death star.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.