Your Episode 8 Wishlist

Darth Kid

*** Thread Contains Spoilers ***

Based on what you saw in TFA, what do you want to see in Episode 8? Keep in mind, this isn't a predictions thread. This is a chance to throw out all those: "wouldn't it be awesome if..." ideas that may have crossed your mind since seeing TFA.

Here is a short list of things I think would be cool:

- Lando

- Lando takes over as capt of the Falcon

- Rey builds a dual-blade lightsaber

- We find out that Luke is receiving guidance from Jedi ghosts

- We see Luke meet with the "Jedi Council" inside of the first Jedi Temple

- We get a chance to see Kylo's back story so he is no longer a flat character

- That punk bitch Kylo has a wicked scar on his face

- Poe has a dogfight with Capt Phasma

- Admiral Ackbar yells "It's a trap!"

- We see some more vivid/diverse landscapes/planets

- R2D2 and BB8 team up to do something scrappy, while C3PO provides hilarious banter

- Ewok storm trooper

- Wookie resistance pilot that no one understands over the radio

- Poe flies the Falcon

- Finn needs metal legs to walk again

That's all I got for now. I meant to start this sooner before I forgot some, but I'll post more as I remember them.

Super basic outline:

-The First Order gobbles up a lot of new territory in the aftermath of Starkiller Base. Yes, they lost their primary weapon, that they still were able to destroy a large portion of their enemy’s fleet, command, and political structure.

The Resistance is unable to stop them from subjugating several planets and are forced to retreat from the battle in the opening scene. They are exhausted and near their breaking point.

-Rey is not a Skywalker. My preference is that she’s the great-granddaughter of Palpatine or perhaps Dooku. Like Luke, she’s a hero born from evil.

-Kylo Ren’s training is completed. Luke Skywalker’s location is discovered by agents of the First Order and Kylo Ren is tasked with leading a mission of members of the Knights of Ren to track him down and murder him and anyone else found.

-Luke, feeling the approaching danger, sends Rey on her own mission.

-When confronted, Luke easily dispatches Kylo and escapes. Reminding Kylo of his father.

-The Knights of Ren discover Rey’s mission and converge on her.

-Kylo Ren saves Ren from the Knights of Ren during the climax and rushes away from the scene. After neutering him in The Force Awakens, I see absolutely no reason to prolong Kylo Ren’s association with the Dark Side. He’s not, and can never be, a credible villain. Give him a crisis in Episode VIII and have him spend Episode IX both hunted by his former comrades, torn by guilt over his actions, and searching for his place after he failed both sides of the Force.

-The First Order is stopped from achieving their objective by the heroes, but when they look up they realize that they are alone in their victories. The Resistance has been virtually wiped out and the galaxy is on the verge of falling underneath the rule of a new Empire.

-At the moment of darkness, Luke emerges to reassume his place as leader as the movie ends.

-Finn remains in his coma.

I hope we see Ren grow in power, confidence and conviction during the movie. Finally surpassig Vader by doing what Vader always wanted to do and killing Snoke, taking complete control of The First Order. He then defeats Rey, but Luke arrives to save her. However Ren kills him too, Rey escapes.

Guest El Chalupacabra

*** Thread Contains Spoilers ***

Based on what you saw in TFA, what do you want to see in Episode 8? Keep in mind, this isn't a predictions thread. This is a chance to throw out all those: "wouldn't it be awesome if..." ideas that may have crossed your mind since seeing TFA.

Here is a short list of things I think would be cool:

- Lando

- Lando takes over as capt of the Falcon

- Rey builds a dual-blade lightsaber

- We find out that Luke is receiving guidance from Jedi ghosts

- We see Luke meet with the "Jedi Council" inside of the first Jedi Temple

- We get a chance to see Kylo's back story so he is no longer a flat character

- That punk bitch Kylo has a wicked scar on his face

- Poe has a dogfight with Capt Phasma

- Admiral Ackbar yells "It's a trap!"

- We see some more vivid/diverse landscapes/planets

- R2D2 and BB8 team up to do something scrappy, while C3PO provides hilarious banter

- Ewok storm trooper

- Wookie resistance pilot that no one understands over the radio

- Poe flies the Falcon

- Finn needs metal legs to walk again

That's all I got for now. I meant to start this sooner before I forgot some, but I'll post more as I remember them.

+1 for most of those.

Here's what I would like to see the most....

1. Lando being in it somehow, even if a cameo.

2. More back story on the knights of Ren and what happened to Luke's Jedi Order

3. Reveal Rey's origin

4. Kylo Ren transitioning from MiniBoss to Big Bad.

5. Planets Korriban and Dantooine

6. Luke displaying only a hint of his full power (save his full power for Episode 9).

Leia to embrace her Force heritage

I thought about putting that in there. But then I asked myself if I wanted to see Carrie Fisher in an action sequence, and I started having flashbacks to Karen Allen in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. A woman in her 50s can carry a credible action sequence (see Ming-Na Wen pretty much any week on Agents of SHIELD), but Carrie Fisher just not going to join that club, nor do I suspect that she's particularly interested.

We actually did see Leia use the Force again in this movie. Like in Return of the Jedi where she knew Luke was safe, she felt Han pass. I'd be cool if she displayed some of the soft Force powers like manipulation and such, but no lightsaber action for her. She fit right into her role as the M of the group.

Leia to embrace her Force heritage

I thought about putting that in there. But then I asked myself if I wanted to see Carrie Fisher in an action sequence, and I started having flashbacks to Karen Allen in Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. A woman in her 50s can carry a credible action sequence (see Ming-Na Wen pretty much any week on Agents of SHIELD), but Carrie Fisher just not going to join that club, nor do I suspect that she's particularly interested.

We actually did see Leia use the Force again in this movie. Like in Return of the Jedi where she knew Luke was safe, she felt Han pass. I'd be cool if she displayed some of the soft Force powers like manipulation and such, but no lightsaber action for her. She fit right into her role as the M of the group.

I didn't mean she had to use a lightsaber. I just meant I wanted to see her do something else except 'oh, I felt that.'

I'd like Leia to use her Force powers but not in an actiony way. I hope she tries to reach out to Kylo.

This.

I'd love if we get another twist out of it-- like he's grown in power, and as the heroes rush to do THE IMPORTANT THIMG, he's on his way to stop them-- but then Leia confronts him, like Han did. And maybe she actually gets through to him-- until she realizes she was playing him so the other heroes could get business done.

If there's an attempt at redemption (which I'm not sure if there will be anymore), Leia HAS to be involved. I understand story wise why she didn't go along with Luke in ROTJ, but I still wish she'd gotten that chance. I feel like she'd want to be involved, regretting not going along with Luke and then feeling responsible for Han's death. You have to wonder what would have happened if both Leia and Han had confronted Kylo on that bridge.

Luke and Leia reaching out to Kylo, together, would really mirror ROTJ.

blue ghosts

Rey keeps her pole

Finn wakes up from the coma for an in media res start for whatever the new status quo is rather than having him do that offscreen years before the movie starts; I don't need all these guys to have a bunch of offscreen adventures together in the interval and that character is so much fun when he's just winging it with no real clue what's actually happening

some cool new spaceships this time around

they're going to blow up the Falcon, aren't they, ucchhh they are probably going to blow up the Millennium Falcon or kill Luke or Leia

I would think so too but then again I also used to feel that Han Solo wasn't the sort of character who ever really needed a story about his end (nor a beginning, neither), just fun to imagine him off in some bar somewhere, resting from one stupid adventure on his way to another one, but some people out there apparently disagree with me.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.