Crowning Moment of Awesome

ShadowDog

Aotc: I'm taking him now.

Really? Like a second later Anakin took Force Lightening to the face and was out of the fight for about 10 minutes.

For Attack of the Clones I'd go with this:

Dealer: Wanna buy some death sticks?

Obi-Wan: You don't want to sell me death sticks.

Dealer: I don't want to sell you death sticks.

Obi-Wan: You want to go home and rethink your life.

Dealer: I want to go home and rethink my life.

And then Obi-Wan slices off a sucker's arm. Because that's the end of every story that begins with "Obi-Wan and young Skywalker walked into a bar".

TPM: Obi Wan vs Darth Maul once the barriers lower, after Maul took down Qui-Gon

AotC: ??? (was there anything good, let alone awesome, in this turkey?)

ROTS: "In the name of the Galactic Senate of the Republic, you are under arrest!"

ANH: Luke switches off his targeting computer, reaches out with his feelings and destroys the death star using the force.

ESB: "You have failed me for the last time, Admiral." "Apology accepted, Captain Needa." "Perhaps you feel you are being treated unfairly?" "The deal is being altered. Pray I do not alter it further." "Obi Wan never told you what happened to your father. No Luke, I am your father!"

RotJ: "No Father. I've got to save you." "You already have, Luke. You already have. You were right about me. Tell your sister you were right about me."

TFA: ??? (haven't seen yet)

AOTC: Yoda's grimace as he calls his lightsaber to his hand.

AOTC: Yoda pensive aboard his landing craft as he delivers his newly acquired clone army.

AOTC: Anakin returning to Tatooine and meeting up with an older and diminished Watto. "Ani? Is that you?"

I always hated the death sticks scene.

And the caterpillar-pooping assassin droid of uselessness scene.

And the jumping out of air cars and falling onto other cars and not dying scene. And Hayden's creepy ass laugh as he's flying them.

And the droid factory scene.

And the kids with lightsabers scene.

And the Dexter diner scene.

And the creepy robot skeleton hand holding scene.

And the weird, dark lightsaber scene. And the Yoda lightsaber scene.

And the scene where we listen to Anakin complain while watching Padme pack her suitcase.

And every scene where Hayden says anything.

I hate that damn movie so much.

Who ever said TFA didn't have any defining moments wasn't paying attention.

How about that one? No that's garbage - cue the Millenium Falcon

Chewie we're home

It's true. All of it...

Kylo Ren chooses the dark side

Han strokes his sons cheek as he dies

Leia feels his death through the force

Reys visions

Rey refuses to take the lightsaber

Rey embraces her destiny as she force calls the lightsaber to her hand

Guest madddox

Rey force pulling the lightsaber to her hand was definitely an awesome moment in TFA.

I'd also say that whole scene of her preparing (cooking?) her food on Jakku, sitting down to eat outside the ruin of the AT-AT, licking her plate when she was done, munching childishly but innocently on the last mouthful of food as she sees a random ship fly offworld, and finally putting on that helmet which seemed a tad big for her. That dialogue-free collection of shots really brought some great character "awesome" to the movie.

Letting actors act is such a boon to movies. One of the reasons the PT is so often called wooden and soulless is because Lucas hardly ever let this happen.

The one time he did was one of two times in the PT it had any emotion-- when Anakin waited and stared it a window while Mace went for Palpatine.

Guest madddox

In his defence (and something he himself has admitted on more than one occassion), he is far more interested in telling a story than letting us connect with characters.

Doesn't excuse the PT, but I can see he didn't give a shit about characters, just wanted to tell his little tax scam story in space.

ANH:

-This is how it all started: After the crawl, the Tantive IV comes on screen followed by the Star Destroyer.

-Vader comes through the door.

-'I find your lack of faith disturbing.'

-'You're all clear kid. Now let's blow this thing and go home' The shots go in. The Death Star explodes.

TESB:

-Luke: 'Yoda??'

-The cave.

-'I love you.' 'I know.'

-Luke vs. Vader.

-Leia senses Luke is in trouble and goes back for him.

ROTJ:

-The whole beginning, with Jabba's reveal, Luke's plan and seen in action/Han rescue.

-Luke's final conversation with Yoda and Obi-Wan.

-Luke turning himself in to Vader, trying to turn back to the light, their saber battle leading to Luke... 'NEVER!!!' pounding Vader into submission and lopping off his hand.

-Luke calming down and turning down the Emperor.

-Anakin comes back and hurls Palpatine down the shaft.

-'I've got to save you' 'You already have, Luke'

-Anakin/Vader gets a Jedi funeral.

TPM:

-Jedis in action.

-The Pod Race.

-Duel of the Fates.

AOTC:

-Schmi's death and Anakin just kills everybody. I thought the music was great as he gets angrier and angrier.

-'I hate them!!'

-Arena battle that spills out of the arena as the clones arrive.

-Anakin and Obi-Wan vs. Dooku.

-Yoda vs. Dooku.

ROTS:

-Opening scene with battle over Coruscant.

-Anakin vs. Dooku.

-Palpatine - 'Only through me can you achieve a power greater than any Jedi.'

-Palpatine gets scarred.

-Anakin named Darth Vader, lays waste to the Jedi Temple and to everybody on Mustafar.

-Music along with the conversation between Obi-Wan and Padme. 'You're going to kill him, aren't you?' 'Anakin is the father, isn't he?'

-'Anakin, you're breaking my heart'

-Anakin vs. Obi-Wan.

-'You were the chosen one! You were supposed to destroy the Sith, not join them! You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you.'

-Anakin burns and gets placed in the suit. James Earl Jones is heard.

TFA:

-The usual music hits along with Star Wars and the crawl that followed. I think that I was hyperventalating when the crawl started, and saw Episode VII THE FORCE AWAKENS.

-Anytime Kylo was on screen, and the voice behind the pretty elaborate mask. I thought the mask was just going to slip over his head. But, it had to be switched off or something? That was cool.

-Kylo pissed destroys the control panel. 'Anything else?'

-Rey, Finn and BB-8 head toward the second choice/junk to get off of Jakku, and it's the Falcon!

-Rey and Finn think they are captured by the First Order, but surprise! It's Chewie and Han.

-BB-8's version of the thumbs-up.

-Han's 'It's real. All of it' That whole conversation was great.

-Visiting Maz, Rey touches the saber and has those visions.

-Rey, from there, just getting stronger and stronger in the force.

-'And I will drop my weapon'

-'BEN!!!!' - Leia slumping down feeling Han's death.

-Speaking of Leia, I thought that Carrie Fisher was great in this. I was afraid that she was going to be loopy/rusty. But, she was spot on/professional/Leia.

-Rey vs. Kylo.

-'May the Force be with you'

-Rey finding Luke.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.