Snoke is NOT Darth Plagueis

Driver

"Ironic....he could save others from death, but not himself."

"To cheat death is a power only one has achieved..."

So...which is it, Palpatine?

Did Plagueis know how to do it, but never succeed?

Is the one who achieved it not Plagueis, but somebody else who preceded him? Like...way preceded him? Is Snoke the one who has achieved it?

He sure as fuck looks like it. His mug looks worse than Deadpool's.

I think he meant that Plageuis was able to cheat death by bringing back those who were already dead, but he couldn't resurrect himself.

I want to say that Palpatine shouldn't have said this unless it had been tested and confirmed as something Plagueis could do.

So who did he bring back, then? Perhaps we learn that it was Snoke?

Imagine a cut scene similar to Rey's vision in the next movie, or Episode IX, where they show McDiarmid and a CGI Muun Plagueis perfecting the art of cheating death by bringing back the ancient Snoke from some state of near-deceased animation. Or entirely back from the dead.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I took Palpy's statement of Plagueis "He had such a knowledge of the dark side, he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying," as just a carrot he dangled in front of Anakin to draw him to the dark side, but wasn't within Palpy's ability and he knew it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to say this. If Snoke is Plageuis, then he isn't as "wise" as we would have been lead to believe. I'm under the impression that anyone that would be Palatine's master would have to be similarly as intelligent. Watching TFA last night I was struck by something Snoke said. The line about if Skywalker returned the Jedi would rise again. I can't see Palpatine seeing that as a threat to him. Especially if there numbers aren't in Luke's favor. Training a new Jedi order would take some time. Hell, training Rey is going to take a while. The Jedi aren't a threat to topple the First Order. The Resistance is. And also, what training hasn't Ren received that could have stopped the events of TFA? Either a poor or lazy teacher Snoke comes off as.

Lazy or cautious? If Jedi could pose a threat to him, why train someone who's darkside-conflicted to become anymore powerful than is absolutely necessary to achieve his goals? Perhaps he's learning from Palpatine's mistakes-don't rely too much on your apprentices, and don't let them get too powerful, and treat them like is disposable income.

He sure looks like he could be Vader, with the scar in the right spot and the damage around his cheeks in the right spots, lack of hair and skin pigment. The concept for Snoke's look is clearly borrowed from Vader but perhaps it is more than that. Perhaps Kylo Ren isn't the only one obsessed with Vader. Maybe Snoke is the head priest of some Vader cult, and he is ritualistically trying to replicate his bodily damage to match Vader's because religion, crazy, and reasons?

Well I'm pretty sure SRLDD was joking, and I spitballed the possibility of him being a cultist leader. I don't think anybody actually thinks Snoke is Vader. At least I hope not; you can never be too sure of these things.

As far as injuries go...kinda. I've said before the saber injuries were so unrealistically non-lethal. Lightsabers in TFA can rip through metal like a hot knife through butter...but bone is too tough. (yeah yeah I know, 'just the tip' right? uh huh ok sure)

Okay first of all, before the Luke and ObiWan relationship was inspired by Dune or Lord of the Rings it was inspired by Dr Zarkovs relationship with Flash Gordon.

And I read way back in the thread that Ren should be the one to kill Snoke? Really you wanna copy more from the OT. Him do exactly what Vader did to the Emperor.

You know what that's exactly what's gonna happen. TFA was ANH with the lost droid and space station. Ep VIII is gonna be ESB with Rey getting her Jedi training and some big revelation. And Ep IX is gonna be ROTJ with Ren killing Snoke.

And I'm gonna be here watching TPM because its still the best movie in the whole saga. I was 9 just like Anakin when the movie came out. I love the PT. I love digital. Everybody go to hell

Hearing TPM is the best is like hearing somebody say they are going to vote for Trump.

Statistically, you know they are out there, and you hear about them-- but it just seems really gross, wrong on every level and in all likelihood those people have an IQ of 7.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.