Is Rey the daughter of Luke? (TFA spoilers)

Driver

Just saw it again. If Rey was 5ish when left on Jakku (definitely with alien junker guy), she would know her dad. At the beginning of the movie she says she thought Luke was a myth.

So, if she's a Skywalker, she possibly would have to have been with her mom or other family. She never says her parents left her, only that her family was coming back for her.

Rey is supposed to be 19. Pablo Hidalgo (who is on the Story Group) said that Kylo is 29-30, born pretty soon after Endor. Rey is around 5 when she's left on Jakku, and Han calls Luke's apprentice a "boy," so him being 15-16 for that turn would work.

They must have gotten busy while the Ewoks were still yup yupping. That's a very tight timeline.
The timeline wasn't the only thing that was ti-...

:pimp:

Just saw it again. If Rey was 5ish when left on Jakku (definitely with alien junker guy), she would know her dad. At the beginning of the movie she says she thought Luke was a myth.

So, if she's a Skywalker, she possibly would have to have been with her mom or other family. She never says her parents left her, only that her family was coming back for her.

Luke owes soooo much child support

Not if someone wiped her memory.

If only we knew of a character who were adept at messing with people's minds...

Rey is supposed to be 19. Pablo Hidalgo (who is on the Story Group) said that Kylo is 29-30, born pretty soon after Endor. Rey is around 5 when she's left on Jakku, and Han calls Luke's apprentice a "boy," so him being 15-16 for that turn would work.

They must have gotten busy while the Ewoks were still yup yupping. That's a very tight timeline.

TFA is supposed to be 32 years after ROTJ. So I wouldn't be surprised if Leia will be pregnant in the last Aftermath book.

Superman from Superman II?

Actually, I don't recall Jedi ever doing that. Either way, I don't believe that's where they're going. If there's mind manipulation it might be more along the lines of Rey feeling compelled to stay on Jakku.

That's why I have a problem with her being left on Jakku at that age. She is old enough to remember things. She is old enough to remember any training in the force. If she's ever come into contact with Kylo Ren she's old enough to have felt that through the force. A human mind wipe is a lazy excuse. Why not just leave her on Jakku as a baby then? I'm curious as to how they're going to get themselves out of the corner they've written themselves into.

Guest madddox

What if Rey (the character) actually knows who her family is, and it turns out to be nothing related to Luke, Han, or anyone we know? What if she's related to Snoke?

I say that because every time she is asked about her family during the movie she is suspiciously guarded and doesn't let on anything. But they seem to be so important to her that she would walk away from discovering this whole new world that's opened up to her through meeting BB8 and Finn... What if the vision she saw when she touched the lightsaber was something her character already knows and remembers but we (the audience) obviously do not? I think Rey knows exactly who her family is but it's a typical "mysterious box" trick by JJ...

I'm kind of leaning towards Kylo Ren dropping her off on Jakku, because he seems so alarmed when he hears about the girl helping Finn. I think he knows who she is. Luke may legitimately think she's dead, if she's his daughter, which could explain the emotion when he sees her (although it could just be the first time seeing a person in a decade). And I can't see him dropping her off with the alien junker guy. Obi-Wan at least stuck him with people who took care of him.

However, I can see him dropping her off with Lor San Tekka. He has the missing piece of the map. Rey and the map on the same planet is too much of a coincidence. Pretty sure Lor San Tekka is supposed to be watching over her. I'm guessing when the time was right, he would give her the map.

Ren remembers her parents to a point. But, to her, they're Mom and Dad. And if Luke was training students, she may not have been with him. She may have primarily been with her mother, who is likely dead.

Rey is not a droid, and Bail Organa is long dead. He couldn't order her mind wiped.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Random Theme I noticed:

When Rey is climbing the steps to Luke, did anyone else get the sense Rey was like someone seeking knowledge or training from a Guru or Kung Fu master living on a mountain top? If that isn't clear, maybe an analogy would be when the Bride is seeking out the tutelage of Pai Mei (a concept that was borrowed heavily from any 1970s Kung Fu movie).

I know Im more than likely wrong. I know she probably IS the daughter of Luke Skywalker, and I know I said it in another thread but Id like it if she wasn't a skywalker. Id prefer a nobody, orphan. Or if she did have to belong to somebody {insert star wars family dynasty name here} at least have a first and second name pairing that didn't sound like a sci-fi real estate agent. Rey Skywalker?? pffft. Rey KENOBI on the other hand... that has pizazz.

Guest Jedi are losers

I think she is a clone of Leia. Luke knew Ben Solo was susceptible to the dark side, and knew there was still a major threat from the dark side overall.

Luke needs someone who he knows to be a good person that he doesnt think will be vulnerable to the dark side. Also needs that person to be strong in the force. He clones Leia so there will be someone strong and good to win and stay pure, but when Kylo Ren turns he cant be there to train her.

I don't particularly like the idea of memory wiping people. It's just too convoluted and unstar warsy. There are several mysteries going on, but really I think they are all tied together somehow. Who are Reys true parents? Who dropped her off on Jakku? Why is the falcon there? Who is snoke? Why did Luke take off? Whats up with the strange KOTOR star map to find him? Why did Artoo turn on when he did? Why was he in the droit coma to begin with? Why did Luke's old lightsaber/the force choose Rey? I'm guessing the answer to ALL of these questions are related to the same fateful event.

Can't be a coincidence that Max Von Sidow's character is the only person who knows where Luke is, and he's basically living so close by to Rey.... (then again this is a JJ Abrams film).

If she is Luke's daughter Sidow is probably watching over her (as Obi wan watched over Luke). Luke has given Sidow the map in case he desperately needs to be reached. I've also heard Sidow is back for Episode 8 (so he could be a Force ghost).

I can see it now in episode 8, Rey leaves her training to fight Ren prematurely and Ren reveals that he is her cousin, cuts her hand off and is she rescued by Finn. Empire all over again.

In Episode 9 Rey tries to turn Ren back to the good side, Snoke steps in and Ren sacrifices himself to save her by killing Snoke.

I hope that's not how it turns out, but it wouldn't surprise me with how un-original the last film was.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.