Is Rey the daughter of Luke? (TFA spoilers)

Driver

I think I made a high-pitched squealing noise at that part.

Maybe "right away" isn't the best way to put it. But Chewie got protective of Luke fast, wanting to return to help him and the Rebellion.

Where is that made clear? As far as the film goes, it's just as likely (if not more) that Han wanted to return and help.

I can't believe that none of you are speculating about Rey's mom.

I don't want to talk about it because there's no way to have the conversation without EU fans insisting there's only one option, and will be insufferable about it until proven otherwise.

For my own amusement, I am going to assume you mean Callista, the Republic-era Jedi whose soul got trapped in a ship and was then downloaded into a woman Luke knew.

On another note, every time I see this thread with a new post, I keep hoping that it has turned into a MadLib.

It's so obvious who the mother of Rey is that there's no need to speculate on that matter.

Look I know it's probably gonna be a 13 year old prostitute who left her for dead on a desert planet but maybe they'll do something different.

Han turns to Chewie who growls at his captain,

HAN
What're you lookin' at? I know what I'm doing.

I could just as easily imagine Chewbacca admonishing Han for even considering coming back to fight for the Rebellion. Or for pondering the idea of not paying back Jabba.
Bottom line - why does Chewie have to be Han's conscience all the time? Can't Chewie be a selfish ass once in a while? Han got away with it often enough.

I can't believe that none of you are speculating about Rey's mom.

I don't want to talk about it because there's no way to have the conversation without EU fans insisting there's only one option, and will be insufferable about it until proven otherwise.

I think her mother was a Jedi. It would make sense as to why Rey is more powerful than Kylo Ben. She's the daughter of two Force sensitives. It totally plays into his idea that Han was weak. He blames Han for not being strong enough in the Force and diluting the gene pool. Notice how Kylo never says anything negative about Leia?

FYI, I know it's not Mara. I'd actually prefer the mother never be mentioned by name (just like Padme wasn't until the prequel trilogy). (And then one day Del Rey can hire me to write that story. ;) ) But seriously, the less they say about it in the movies, the better. It doesn't need a big explanation. "Your mother was a Jedi. The Knights of Ren killed her." I don't see how that's harder to explain than her being Han and Leia's daughter, and if she was, wouldn't they tell her? They have more reason to tell her that than they would to tell her she's Luke's. It's not their place.

The other theory I've heard that I doubt is true but it makes for great fanfic: Felicity Jones' character from Rogue One is Rey's mother.

We have to assume whoever left her on Jakku didn't just drop her off in the sand dunes alone as a kid and took off. They must have left her with someone. During the flashback you can see an adult arm pulling at her while she's screaming not to be left behind.

Not if she truly is an orphan with awful parents.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.