Is Rey the daughter of Luke? (TFA spoilers)

Driver

Mara:

Give us a basic plot outline?

Driver:

I know this is another discussion, but after seeing Forest Whittaker in 'The Shield', I'm so excited to see what he brings to Rogue One.

Well, that depends on the time period. If it's during the Dark Times or the OT, it'd involve Boba trying to live up to his father's legacy and dealing with the fact that all these clones share his DNA while also fighting with other bounty hunters (and hate-****ing them, of course).

If it's after Return of the Jedi, we have to deal with him getting out of the sarlacc pit and coming to terms with him being a complete and utter failure as a bounty hunter. He tries to make another way in life, but gets dragged back into bounty hunting by a mysterious man who he winds up falling in love with.

Call me, Del Rey!

(Actually, the second idea might make a good original novel - minus the sarlacc pit of course. Hmm.)

Both ideas are dope.

Mara:

Give us a basic plot outline?

Driver:

I know this is another discussion, but after seeing Forest Whittaker in 'The Shield', I'm so excited to see what he brings to Rogue One.

Well, that depends on the time period. If it's during the Dark Times or the OT, it'd involve Boba trying to live up to his father's legacy and dealing with the fact that all these clones share his DNA while also fighting with other bounty hunters (and hate-****ing them, of course).

If it's after Return of the Jedi, we have to deal with him getting out of the sarlacc pit and coming to terms with him being a complete and utter failure as a bounty hunter. He tries to make another way in life, but gets dragged back into bounty hunting by a mysterious man who he winds up falling in love with.

Call me, Del Rey!

(Actually, the second idea might make a good original novel - minus the sarlacc pit of course. Hmm.)

I've read a short EU story about him surviving the sarlaac. Tales of the Bounty Hunters I think.

Oh man, that would be so awesome. Baddest badass ever, destroying space-twinks left and right.

He ain't destroying ****. Boba is clearly Huttese for "bottom."

You guys are so cute. I liked gay space assassinmercs waaaay before they were cool. Back before they sold out. Back when they actually meant something.

And for the record, Sam Adama already did it as top and bottom, and did it better than Boba Fett ever could.

26238561034_356378e665_z.jpg

That reminds me that I haven't finished watching Caprica.

Same here. When they went to that super religious planet I just kinda faded from the show -- didn't catch the finale, and don't even remember how much further I got. But for all its faults, Sam was a very strong character.

That reminds me that I haven't finished watching Caprica.

Same here. When they went to that super religious planet I just kinda faded from the show -- didn't catch the finale, and don't even remember how much further I got. But for all its faults, Sam was a very strong character.

I think I stopped watching just before that because of that plot. Sam Adama was great, though. I kept waiting for them to try a huge twist and reveal that everything that happened in BSG was in the virtual reality world of the show. I'm not saying it would have been good, but it seemed like an easy out to explain a lot of the wonkiness with the late seasons of BSG.

• 2 weeks later...

Luke Truthers... HA!!!!

The book kills the theory that Rey was hidden because of Kylo's turn and killing of the other Jedi.

That doesn't mean Luke can't be her father. These things are not mutually exclusive. What if:

A. Luke had a wife, but she left him for whatever reason and he didn't know she was pregnant, and she dumped Rey later for reasons unknown.

or

B. Luke sent Rey with Jedi he had already trained. Solo says Luke was working on a new Jedi order, Kylo Ben killed a bunch of people, and yet, just six years previous there's no mention of any other Jedi or students? If they were out in the galaxy Rey and mommy were with them. Maybe they sensed bad things with Ben-- and went back to Luke to help him-- leaving Rey behind on Jakku-- then faced their deaths once they caught up withLuke and Ben.

or

C. Combine A and B to say Rey's mom was a Jedi, he didn't know she was pregnant, she left to go do Jedi things while Luke trained Ben. She had Rey, never told Luke, (because reasons) and when she sensed he was in danger she left Rey on Jakku, gathered up the other new Jedi, went to save Luke, but then got killed.

Not saying I think any of these things for sure-- just that all this book confirms is that Rey wasn't hidden specifically because of Ben turning Ren.

Any mention of Max von Sydow's character in the book? He obviously knew Ben and Luke well, and if he settled in Jakku after Ben turned, then it's interesting that he settled so close to Rey. Or it's a massive coincidence. Either/or.

• 9 months later...

So just read this on the guardian's website.

Don't read if you want to be spoiler free....... but I know you wont resist....

The first footage from Star Wars: The Last Jedi has been shown to Disney shareholders at the company’s annual meeting.

The Los Angeles Times reports that the footage shown at the meeting, held at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver, featured the resolution to the cliffhanger at the end of The Force Awakens, where the film’s protagonist, Rey (Daisy Ridley), encounters Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) at his secluded cliffside hiding place. In the brief clip shown, Luke asks Rey: “Who are you?” Rey responds by skilfully handing him her lightsaber.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.