Is Rey the daughter of Luke? (TFA spoilers)

Driver

I don't know if Lor Sen Tekka is related or what, but I feel like he's gotta be more important than "an old ally." You don't cast someone as well known and regocnizable as max Von sydow for a throwaway role.

Looking at his filmography and... yeah it appears that you do cast Max von Sydow in throwaway roles. He's got a bunch of fairly minor roles to his credit. Especially in bigger movies.

Is he more famous than I'm aware of in Europe or something?

Before TFA, ive never heard the name Max Von Sydow. After checking his extensive filmography, I kept saying to myself "oh he was THAT guy, I've seen him." I don't think he's a household name. But he's obviously talented enough looking at his career.

My guess is he simply read well enough for the part as well as anyone else, and they just went with him because of:

a) his resume

b) he was JUST familiar enough for what they wanted. Familiar enough, but not TOO famous as to draw too much attention to him. He's important to the plot, but I don't think he's "larger picture" kind of important.

That being said, I don't think he's related to anybody, he simply knows Luke and Leia, worked with them, were friends, showed up for birthdays, etc. Its said he was part of the "church of the force", whatever that is. Worshipping the force, Jedi, etc, then fought for the rebel alliance.

I think Rey is Luke's daughter. Who her mother is and why she was left on Jakku will be the big surprise. Also why Han and Leia appear not to know who she is (appearance can be deceptive) will also be addressed. The novelisation makes it plain Kylo Ren knows who she is. It also seems plain Lor San Tekka was keeping an eye on her and he had a strong connection to the family. I strongly believe the character will appear in Rogue One played by Mads Mikkelsen.

• 2 months later...

Yeah I kinda forgot he used to be normal looking. The image of Sidious is seared into my mind so I forgot a human man ever really existed. He probably did used to slay. Especially with the whole bending people to his will thing.

Nah, I've been in fandom long enough. I'll accept whatever story they tell. I might think it's dumb, though, and that they're missing out on the best story.

SD - I just don't see anything to imply Rey is anything other than Luke's daughter. If she's not his daughter, she should just be a random person. (But I think having KYLO REN be the sole heir of the Skywalker legacy is terrible.)

Yeah I kinda forgot he used to be normal looking. The image of Sidious is seared into my mind so I forgot a human man ever really existed. He probably did used to slay. Especially with the whole bending people to his will thing.

There's always room for J-E-L-L-NO

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.