Hooray! Now that we have a new entry into the series, it's time! We need another "Rank the Movies" thread!
- TFA. By its nature, it can't be as groundbreaking and/or culturally important as ANH, but it's still a ton of fun. Because we don't know a lot of the characters yet, it has less room to toy with our emotions like ESB, but there is still a lot of emotional payoff. And sweet Jesus it looks great!
- ESB. Clever and daring narrative decisions for a "kid's film," beautiful and memorable settings, and a superior scope and sense of craftsmanship than the original
- ANH. The first and the funnest and the most important. Was considered "non-stop action" when it was released, but the pacing before the heroes get to the Death Star feels slow by today's standards. It only has itself to blame!
- (tie) RotJ & TPM. TPM has lightsaber action and Otoh Gunga going for it and not much else; RotJ has the final confrontation between Luke and Vader and Salacious B. Crumb going for it and not much else.
- RotS. Terrible. Only reason it beats AotC is because I get the sense GL was at least trying with this one.
- AotC. I truly hope George Lucas is ashamed of himself for this one.
Whats yousa thinkin?