The Magicians

ShadowDog

Guest Domina Crystalli

Nowhere legal that I can find. That's always been the shittiest thing about Syfy. If you miss the first airing, you missed it. Period.

• 2 months later...

So I caught up on Monday's episode last night.

I... I... knew it was coming because I've read the books, but... wow. That was intense.

This spoils a big plot point from the second book:

If they did that with the Plover backstory, the Reynard the Fox scene next season is going to be positively unwatchable.

OH GOD THEY SET UP THAT BIG PLOT POINT FROM THE SECOND BOOK LAST NIGHT.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Katie makes more sense now. And I love how they portrayed the Neitherlands library.

And the Margolem :lol: Now I understand why they wanted to change the character's name!

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like they're giving THAT plot point a complete pass.

THANK THE GODDESS. This is so much nicer.

They've changed a TON of stuff from the books, which didn't bother me, but I do still like that they gave it a nod with this last episode, and a plausible explaination.

Season finale next week. Eep.

MAJOR BOOK SPOILERS.

So, when Julia's misfit hedgewitch group summons a deity, they don't get the loving Our Lady Underground they want to summon, they get Reynard The Fox. Reynard the Fox proceeds to kill everyone but Julia and Asmodeus (aka Katie, although she's not a big character in the books like she is in the show), and brutally rapes Julia in exchange for Asmodeus' life... in a scene that lasts some two pages and stays REAL close in Julia's head during the entire assault. It's not pleasant for anyone involved, including the reader.

Seeing as how they did get OLU the first time around, and Julia is currently in Fillory, they pretty clearly gave that a pass. And good riddance.

• 5 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.