Superheroes we NEVER need another TV/film origin story for

ShadowDog

Batman
Superman
Spider-man
Incredible Hulk
Fantastic Four

Just jump straight into the ****ing action.

I wouldn't mind seeing a different take on:

Ironman
Wonder Woman
Green Arrow
The Flash

Doesn't mean any of the previous takes on those sucked I just think we're not sick of those origin stories yet.

I'd go so far to say I don't need to see an origin story at all. Marvel has run the formula into the ground.

Most comics have origin stories briefed in a paragraph on the inside cover. I feel like a open credit sequence montage could give you an origin story easily.

Wonder Woman got an origin story early on in the Linda Carter series didn't it?

Looks like it! Not sure how many casuals would be familiar with it, though.

Princess Diana (Lynda Carter) volunteers to return Steve Trevor (Lyle Waggoner) to Washington, D.C. after he crashes his airplane on Paradise Island. Upon arriving in Washington D.C., she establishes the secret identity of Diana Prince and begins working for Steve Trevor. This movie, and all of the First Season, is set in World War Two.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wonder_Woman_episodes#TV-movie:_1975

I think Burton's Batman is the best version of how to introduce a superhero without giving a full origin story. He was already active, we didn't find out every step of him becoming Batman but we got enough.

My only disagreement is Fantastic 4. I'm just waiting on a goof F4 movie (period).

X1000.

Marvel's most literate, truly sci-fi heroes have seen nothing but mangled manipulation and wrongheaded trashing. The F.F. used to be the company's neck and neck greatest creation with Spider-Man, and deseved a screen adaptation that (in theory) would put The Avengers to shame (well, conidering AoU, that's not hard).

All things considred, the best F.F. origin adaptation remains "The Way It All Began," an episode of the 1967 F.F. cartoon. Think of it: millions spent on F.F. movies, and a cartoon nearly 50 years old outshined all of the 21st century disasters.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I think Burton's Batman is the best version of how to introduce a superhero without giving a full origin story. He was already active, we didn't find out every step of him becoming Batman but we got enough.

That is a great example, and both Keaton's Batman and Nicholson's Joker are iconic, and you are right that they just go straight into the action with just enough origin. But that movie is DEFINITELY dated. Batman Begins was a good origin movie, but if you want a minimalist origin, it probably isn't for you.

I also think Incredible Hulk 2008 also did the origin right: like SD says, origin is covered in the credits.

In fact, that is how most origins should be covered, really.

I'm just now getting caught up on Arrow, and for a TV show I like how they handled his origin. Quick little flashbacks to give back story though as I'm not getting into season 3 it is getting tiresome.

But I also don't want to see another villain in marvel get an origin story. We get it they are all crazy but brilliant men let us move on.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.