The I've Seen The Force Awakens Thread (spoilers OBV)

Driver

Especially since the Throne Room part wasn't in the movie, just on the album. And using Princess Leia's theme in the credits made no sense, but they had no other song to use.

Whereas the TFA credits use Rey's Theme, Kylo's leitmotif, The Falcon, and March of the Resistance. I also love the combo of Rey's Theme/the Force theme at the end.

Have just seen it again, enjoyed it a lot more because I knew what was coming and must have been a lot more relaxed (those noisy kids must have really put me on edge before I saw it last year)

Things that were really annoying / jarring first time round didn't bother me at all (or bother me as much), and I got to really appreciate how beautiful and kinetic it was in parts (I think some people will be surprised when they find out how much of this movie is digital), especially the lighting in some scenes

I still think the writing was a bit clunky in places and I still think the super weapon plot has issues and I still think R2 not waking up / doing the map reveal until the end is just weird, but the way things unfolded felt a lot more natural this time

Love the crane shot

I didn't hear the ending themes. To be honest, I ran out of the theater as soon as the credits started to roll, mostly because I had to pee very badly.

Wimp. Real Star Wars fans would rather wet themselves than miss out on music...that they could hear online later....

OK, maybe you made the right decision.

• 9 months later...

I saw the end of this again the other night at a friend's place and was reminded of two thoughts I had when I first saw it:

Why would the two people closest to Han not hug it out after his death?! I don't think Leia and Chewie even looked at one another! I feel like that would have made the scene a lot more sorrowful. It feels so hollow the way it plays out.

Also, I thought Luke should have had one line in this movie. On Rey finding him, I think a "Hello there" would have been a neat little nod to Obi-Wan's first appearance in Ep 4.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I saw the end of this again the other night at a friend's place and was reminded of two thoughts I had when I first saw it:

Why would the two people closest to Han not hug it out after his death?! I don't think Leia and Chewie even looked at one another! I feel like that would have made the scene a lot more sorrowful. It feels so hollow the way it plays out.

Chewie never forgave Leia for the snub at the award ceremony end of ANH. Now that Han is dead, there's no need to pretend, anymore.

I've said it before-- but after all the LIFE DEBT CARRIES ON TO KIDS and UNCLE CHEWIE WOULD GIVE HIS LIFE stuff from the EU, I loved that Chewie didn't hesitate to plug Ben in the gut.

Instead Kylo/Jacen got an arm taken off, stabbed in the gut, and then killed via a lightsaber to the heart by his twin sister. And, just as she killed him, she regains her twin bond and realizes that there was still good in him and he might have been redeemed, but it's too late for anything but guilt because he's dead now.

Damn EU, always pulling their punches.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.