The I've Seen The Force Awakens Thread (spoilers OBV)

Driver

Anyone described that way has definitely raped at least 5 people.

The best part of the above sentence is "at least."

I think Mara is a frothing at the mouth Star Wars loony, but she's right. He's dreamy.

Plus he's s great actor-- I don't see one ounce of the psycho he played in Ex Machina.

You know who else was considered dreamy by a lot of people? Theodore Robert Bundy!

Look, he's a great pilot and a good character -- nobody's trying to take that away from him. I'm just saying it's a good idea to never ever let your drink out of sight when you go out with him.

I didn't really care for/about the Starkiller attack run, and thought parts of it looked rather generic, too.

That's going to annoy me so much when I see it again. I really wish they hadn't tried to cram in a superweapon > destroy superweapon plot in to this and had just focused on trying to rescue Rey & Ben at the end with Poe & co. being involved (if they had to be involved) in a blockade busting or diversion role or something (maybe destroying the Finalizer if you want something big to blow up / crash in a spectacular way).

Well, if this helps, the entire Starkiller attack is basically just noisy backdrop for the main story. On repeat viewings I have been surprised at how little its role actually is, and how little time is devoted to it. It is one of the weakest aspects of the movie, but it bugs me less and less as time goes on.

Well, if this helps, the entire Starkiller attack is basically just noisy backdrop for the main story. On repeat viewings I have been surprised at how little its role actually is, and how little time is devoted to it. It is one of the weakest aspects of the movie, but it bugs me less and less as time goes on.

It has to do with the incredibly rushed pacing of this movie, which I thought its greatest weakness. In ANH, one planet was blown up and it was a big OMG moment, because a bit of time to let it sink in was allowed before the big dogfight began. Here, many planets were blown up and we barely had a chance to take notice. The real horror of what was happening should have been given a bit more of a chance to sink in.

Pong Messiah. Look, he's a great pilot and a good character -- nobody's trying to take that away from him. I'm just saying it's a good idea to never ever let him moderate your message board.

Just saw it again finally. HOLY CRAP it's so much better the second time and it was really good the first time. I haven't enjoyed a movie more the second time since Inception.

One really minor observation. At the end of the first Snoke conversation they go to a wide shot for the last 2-3 seconds as Snoke's hologram disappears. During that wide shot Kylo's helmet is suddenly off. This is before he first takes it off in the interrogation scene with Rey so I'm assuming they stole this wide shot from the second Snoke conversation when Kylo's helmet was off the entire time.

Alright Pong, now you have to tell us, You know who else wouldn't be dressed at MJS's house? I'd be genuinely curious to see his answer.

Haha for once I'm utterly speechless!

Too many serial killers who have done ultimate creepybad things with human skin. The door is wide open, almost tantalizingly so, but that's just not a place I wanna go with brunch. Or a mental association I want to have with SW.

So fine, I'll let this go. Poe lovers: you win! He's great pilot, and it's nice to see a Wedge with actual stuff going on. Yes, his face and mannerisms are like a composite of several sleazy guys I know irl, but that doesn't mean Poe himself is Captain Roofie. The comment in my IMAX 3D review was just an aside; I loved this movie, and would prefer not to think about Poe that way (speaking of mental associations I'd rather not have with my escapist entertainment)!

Just saw it again finally. HOLY CRAP it's so much better the second time and it was really good the first time. I haven't enjoyed a movie more the second time since Inception.

One really minor observation. At the end of the first Snoke conversation they go to a wide shot for the last 2-3 seconds as Snoke's hologram disappears. During that wide shot Kylo's helmet is suddenly off. This is before he first takes it off in the interrogation scene with Rey so I'm assuming they stole this wide shot from the second Snoke conversation when Kylo's helmet was off the entire time.

I actually noticed that too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.