The I've Seen The Force Awakens Thread (spoilers OBV)

Driver

I hate how filmmakers can't seem to get this right anymore. Bespin looks like they actually filmed in a city in the clouds. But tell a filmmaker to do something like that now and the location comes off looking like a fake cartoon mishmash.

So this guy has a lot of answers based on "multiple screenings of the film and hours spent pouring over the freshly released canonical material." I gotta say it really does help make some things a little bit more understandable, such as how the governments are set up and why. And Church of the Force anyone?

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/star-wars-the-force-awakens-ultimate-faq-164511371.html

One of my big gripes was how the lightsaber, as someone else here posted, developed a consciousness. It's just a tool, a weapon that gets used and abused and once it stops serving its purpose its owner just gets a new one. But I was thinking, the last time we saw this particular lightsaber it still had Luke's hand attached to it. Whatever happened to it after falling from Cloud City and how it made its way to Maz Katana, the hand being sliced off with it might explain why this lightsaber has now become "one with the Force."

I may just be grasping at straws, but I hope something like this is explained in the subsequent films to show why Luke's lightsaber all of a sudden seems to be something they picked up at Diagon Alley.

It would make no sense for Luke's hand to (somehow) become a conduit for the Force, when 6 films stressed that weapons had nothing to do with accessing or understanding it. It just seems like yet another convenient invention to give Rey a reason to be. Take the source for this film--ANH--If we assume the will of the Force was responsible for R2 just so happening to end up for sale to Owen..who just so happened to have a backstory with the man R2 sought, then from a writing point of view, it should have been easy to create a series of events that draws Rey in, without adding "New! Extra Special Features" to the lightsaber where none existed before.

Jakku just needed to be dotted with oases surrounding its settlements to differentiate it from Tatooine.

The Finn-Poe romance makes no sense since Finn spends most of the movie chasing Rey. His search for Poe ended when he kept the jacket.

I agree with Justus it's not going to happen. It's wrong, but it would damage the viewing figures and the merchandise sales.

I'd be cool taking my eldest to see the movie but I couldn't be explaining it to my youngest.

I just don't feel like Star Wars is the right medium for it.

I don't think we'll see it onscreen because people are stupid and can't handle that--yet--but I really hope they at least let Poe be canonically gay/bi. With all the backlash Aftermath got for having a gay protagonist, it's time we have one onscreen. (I will also accept Sabine from Rebels being gay.)

Yes, I'm getting social justice in my Star Wars, deal with it.

Men can't be friends with other men without SOMEONE wanting it to be romantic. This is why a lot of boys and men find it hard to connect with each other.

QFT

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.