The I've Seen The Force Awakens Thread (spoilers OBV)

Driver

Just to be safe-- post here when you've seen the movie and want to talk about it without spoiler boxes. Obviously, if you don't want to see spoilers, this is your one and only warning and it's on you if you are nosing about in here before you've seen the movie.

Just got back from it so sorry if its a ramble (3am here). . .great movie. Need to see it a second time to get all the thoughts together, but it was a lot of fun. Great seeing the old cast again, but Daisy Ridley is the star of the movie. Didn't expect to enjoy her character as much as I did, her casting was fantastic.

I was glad they didn't ignore the prequels, and the references to it were appropriate and didn't seem forced. Harrison was on his a-game, I really thought he felt like an older Han Solo. Carrie Fisher seems a little out of place still but sure she will get back in the swing for the next few. Not enough Luke to make a judgement. There needed to be way more R2-D2. This is the funniest Star Wars movie in the saga. Starkiller Base still feels like a lame Death Star rehash. In some ways it's good these new bad guys aren't Sith but at the same time they may as well be since they seem the same.

But Daisy Ridley / Rey is the best thing about the movie.

Saw it about 9 hours ago at the NZ midnight showing.

Overall: Better than ant PT entry. Not better than any OT entry but draws on what made the OT great.

Kylo Ren is a very interesting bad guy in that he inherently just isn't bad enough - this isn't a criticism of the movie - his character is written this way. He's been led to the dark side under false pretence and carried out some terrible acts but ultimately he's conflicted, weak and malleable.

I 'really' liked Rey and this film is all hers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.