Your Episode 7 HATE-O-METER

Driver

I am pissed that I am most excited to see Luke in action and least excited to see Han in action in this movie. Based on the trailers and such, Han's screen time will be substantial and Luke's will be minimal. I swear to god, no matter how awesome the movie is, if Luke has nothing more than a cameo in the final fleeting minutes of this film I will be pissed.

Additionally, I want to see Luke be a total bass ass at some point in this trilogy. If he serves in some BS Obi-Wan role only to pass on the torch I will be up-in-arms.

I will only hate this movie if Luke turns to the dark side or has already turned. Would spoil the OT for me and in particular the climax of ROTJ.

Pretty much, yeah. Once I realized I can take my Secret Ninja Jedi Order idea and write my own book if my dreams don't come true, I became very zen about the rest of The Force Awakens.

ETA: I do want to see Luke kick Kylo Ren's ass at some point in the trilogy. Preferably to the point where Luke doesn't even break a sweat--like he's swatting a fly away, or something.

I predict a strong correlation between a fan's consumption of the EU materials and their opinion of the film. Those who loved the EU will hate the new Stars Wars. Those who didn't much care for the EU will merely not care for TFA at worst, possibly even enjoy it at best.

I think Marilyn fell out with us.

He was very anti-everything for a period there. Very bitter about the New Star Wars thing.

If you're listening Maz... I'm not trying to second guess you... just the vibe I picked up on you last time I read your stuff :)

I just read that there's a bunch of EU types out there that are so upset about the new movie (and the fact that it negates all of EU), that they intend to post as many TFA spoilers as they can just to troll other SW fans.

I think Marilyn fell out with us.

He was very anti-everything for a period there. Very bitter about the New Star Wars thing.

If you're listening Maz... I'm not trying to second guess you... just the vibe I picked up on you last time I read your stuff :)

I'm friends with him on facebook. He's come around to deciding on seeing the movie after all-- but it still doesn't count.

If we can be real for a second ... this is Star Wars. They got backwards talking frogs leaping around like circus acrobats during laser sword fights. It's not the Usual Suspects, The Crying Game, or The Sixth Sense where one spoiler completely ruins the movie.

I can think of at least three people who post here that would agree with you hard enough to murder you. We had freaking admins threatening to ban people if they posted Harry Potter spoilers at one point.

I am pissed that I am most excited to see Luke in action and least excited to see Han in action in this movie. Based on the trailers and such, Han's screen time will be substantial and Luke's will be minimal. I swear to god, no matter how awesome the movie is, if Luke has nothing more than a cameo in the final fleeting minutes of this film I will be pissed.

Additionally, I want to see Luke be a total bass ass at some point in this trilogy. If he serves in some BS Obi-Wan role only to pass on the torch I will be up-in-arms.

What's a bass ass?

I cant believe they have a bunch of girls in the film. Girls can't fight.

Thar's so true. If they are in slave girl outfits, wearing painted on jumpsuits like Pad-uh-may, or dancing for Jabba--i'm SO there. Chicks with guns is just a bunch of liberal bullsh*t. Right?

Right?

Girls need to be rescued so they can go home to the kitchen and make babies

That's right, so they can have sons who grow up to save women who would not be in trouble if they never left the kitchen where they belong.

Aunt Beru knew the score. Sensible woman, that one.

The kitchen is probably where she died screaming in a fireball with quenching blue milk just out of her reach.

Not her fault. If not for that disrespectful, ball-busting Leia causing trouble...not knowing her place and wasting valuable Imperial resources used to pursue her & the droids, Beru would be alive and well.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.