Your Episode 7 HATE-O-METER

Driver

It's not like I want to hate it, but I've seen nothing yet that merits premature unconditional love.

I think it will be hard to be hate because it will be somewhere between good and fantastic

My hate will be reserved for the large number of people who will think it's bad because it isn't fantastic

I don't like the way BB-8 beeps. I don't like C-3PO's red arm. I don't like that R2-D2 isn't the main character. I don't like the cinematography - it's different from the other films. I don't like the dialogue - it's different from the other films. I don't like the settings - they're different from the other films. I don't like the actors - they're older/different than the other films.

But I don't hate the film.

Guest El Chalupacabra

The new bowling ball Droid is ****ing retarded. I don't care how awesome the movie is, that ain't gonna change.

I thought so too, until I learned it was a practical effect. Then I came to respect the technology behind creating it.

It's not like I want to hate it, but I've seen nothing yet that merits premature unconditional love.

I am more like I want to LIKE it, but skeptical because JJ ABRAMS. He managed to eff up Star Trek, I just hope he doesn't do the the same to Star Wars.

According to the head of the film's creature shop, BB-8 is officially a male droid.

Whether or not that means TFA includes any female droids remains shrouded in secrecy, as does the question of whether or not they put any effort into discerning male robot beeping from female robot beeping, as well as the question of whether or not all sentient robots in the Star Wars universe are manufactured cisgender.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.