Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon Netflix Sequel

Pong Messiah

Despite not really caring about martial arts flicks, I loved the original and saw it several times in the theater.

Super excited Michelle Yeoh is back, though dear G_d, the choice of music in the trailer is an abomination.

Won't let my expectations get too high, but will definitely be seeing it when it becomes available!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest El Chalupacabra

I love Kung Fu movies as much as the next guy, but seriously, I never understood the hype of the original. It was Okay, and I am not bashing it, but never understood why everyone went nuts over it. And not sure it needed a sequel. I'd seriously like to understand what it is other people saw in the original.

Guest madddox

I love Kung Fu movies as much as the next guy, but seriously, I never understood the hype of the original. It was Okay, and I am not bashing it, but never understood why everyone went nuts over it. And not sure it needed a sequel. I'd seriously like to understand what it is other people saw in the original.

here's a hint:

it wasn't a kung fu movie.

What Maddox said.

Not only is it a beautiful looking film, it is a haunting meditation on attachment, loss, and duty vs. fulfillment (wub). Forget the fists and the swords, the real battle throughout is between Taoist philosophy and humanism, with Lee treating both perspectives in an evocative and thought-provoking (but also sensitive) manner.

So yeah - it was called a "martial-arts fantasy epic," but it was also so much more! Can't say enough good things about it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.