Chick Says She's Too Attractive to Like Star Wars. Receives Death and Rape Threats.

Pong Messiah

In the modern era of the automobile, does being in the same time zone even matter? Heck, does being on the same continent even matter? If you really want to harm someone, catching a flight isn't that difficult.

Guest El Chalupacabra

I think you both are missing my point. I am not saying online threats shouldn't be handled. I am saying that if you believe that they should be, then you should also feel something should be done about online bullying, in cases where someone is driven to self harm or suicide.

I'm not missing your point, I'm just disagreeing with you and trying to seek understanding. I think that you're saying that they're similar unless you can prove that the person has the ability and intent to pursue, my question is how do you tell the difference? How do you know if someone is capable of killing/harming another? Does geography play as strong a part, given it no longer takes years, months, weeks or even days to reach the other side of the world?

I just don't know that bullying (ie saying mean things) is the same as threatening someone. Although in this particular case, most of the threats that have been shared are not threats at all, and are just people saying mean things.

"I hope you die in a car accident" isn't the same as "I'm going to run over you with my car" which is different than "You live at 123 Main Street, and I'm going to come with my car and run over your body multiple times until there's no chance of the ghost of life being left inside your twisted corpse."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.