Alright, who else here is voting for THE DONALD?

Carrie Mathison

See, this is what I mean by journalists using social media to be lazy. Halfway through an article about how the vote played out, I'm subjected to random posts to Lindsey Lohan's Twitter account about her opinion.

Seriously guys? At this point, I'm just going to say that no respectable news organization should ever directly include anything found on a Twitter feed. It might be useful sometimes, but not in the way it's currently being used.

• 3 weeks later...

Hate to say it, but Trump has gotten a fairly large boost out of our nation's troubles (on top of Clinton's email issues). Going into the convention and with a VP nomination right around the corner, he's in a fairly decent position.

There's really only one way for Trump to win, and that's for the non-liberal elecorate to become so discouraged by Clinton scandals and the prospect of 4 more years of the policies of the Obama administration, that they just toss up their hands and vote for him.

As the Democrats collapse under the weight of Black Lives Matter, polarization is certainly setting in with Trump able to put on the tried and true "law and order" candidate hat. And time is shorter than we may realize. Less than four months to go. If chaos continues, Trump is the primary beneficiary.

I think this is entirely Clinton's race to lose. She enjoys a population that is highly innoculated against "Islamophobia" that will be a hard sell for Trump's strict immigration ideas no matter how bad the terrorism gets. The media and academic establishments are entirely on her side.

Trump's victories thus far have been within the GOP ranks. There, he was a big fish in a little pond. The general election is going to be a whole different ball game. Against Clinton, for the whole prize, we're gonna see just what a little fish the "Trump Train" is in a very big mass media, social media pond.

Trump's rise thusfar is symptomatic of just how intellectually bankrupt and completely devoid of integrity movement conservatism has become. The very best and brightest of them still enthusiatically tout trickle down economics as a sure fire cure for the stagflation brought about by the demands of militant public sector unions, and emphasize the need for a strong military stance against the Soviet Union. Perhaps the popularity of a Star Wars film at the theaters is confusing them. Who knows.

And it's just downhill from there.

As reductionistic and philistine as the so called "left" - especially the SJW and intersectional feminist types have become, they're f**king PLATO compared to what the US right has been for the last 20 years. They're still trying to decide if Obama is a Muslim, a communist, the anti-christ or a reptillian alien last time I checked. No matter, he's been coming for everybody's guns for the last 8 years straight regardless. US movement conservatives deciding that trannys not using women's washrooms or a bakery owned by Christians not baking wedding cakes for gay couples are hills they're willing to die on is a clear indicator of just how out of touch with reality they are. Good for them. Die on them they will.

As far as I'm concerned, all Clinton has to do for the rest of the campaign is crank the "woman card" angle up to 11. Go full Dworkin - 'castrate any male who so much as looks at, let alone speaks to a woman without active consent sought and reaffirmed every 5 minutes' kind of stuff, and she'll enjoy a landslide that will make Reagan's defeat of Mondale or Roosevelt's victory over Landon look competative.

I'm waiting for debates! If Clinton can move past personal attacks and broaden her appeal to the frightened masses the win is hers. I hate to say this but I've been advocating for voting Clinton. I think I can tolerate her for 4 years. Gary Johnson has seen a surge though.

I'm in a bit of...'discussion' with a Trump fan on FB right now. He called Obama a POS and demanded he "do something" about the Middle East and I simply asked WHAT he

wants him to do that we haven't done or are doing now. He's spent about 8 messages asking me who I voted for, who I will vote for and when I answered, told me I'm lying and in the latest message, asked me if I wanted to "go toe-to-toe" with him and promised to steamroll me!! And it's the MOST casual of conversations-at least on my end.

Did somebody put meth in the nation's water supply?? This guy is hilarious! He's like an SNL parody of an angry, white middle aged guy.

How are Democrats "collapsing under the weight of BLM"?

There is a rather large swath of voters out there that aren't comfortable with Trump's sort of rhetoric, or conservatism in general for that matter believing them to be the "bad guys" who are equally, and perhaps more, repelled by the type of world Black Lives Matters has created. Is it difficult to see that good people might have an issue with a movement that has resulted in lootings in Ferguson even after the evidence showed Brown attacked the cop and did not have his hands up, are at least indirectly responsible for the murders and assaults of multiple police officers (police violence has gone up almost 50% in the past year), and, finally, are at least indirectly responsible for a measurable uptick of crime in general, up to and including murder?

Civil movements work because they shock the conscience of good people. But even then, they sometimes backfire in the near term (see Nixon twice being elected). Black Lives Matter is the worst of both worlds and repels good people for the same reason. People of good conscience are dismayed by what they've wrought and are allergic to their message and the message of those who associate themselves with them.

If you don't believe me, check out which direction the polls are moving.

Black Lives Matter is the worst of both worlds and repels good people for the same reason. People of good conscience are dismayed by what they've wrought and are allergic to their message and the message of those who associate themselves with them.

If you don't believe me, check out which direction the polls are moving.

Bloggers, system administrators, the owners of social media sites, people with internet connections and the media in general do not have people of good conscience, it would seem. Too bad.

Bloggers, system administrators, the owners of social media sites, people with internet connections and the media in general do not have people of good conscience, it would seem. Too bad.

Those people have already chosen a side. Whether they have a conscience or not, they've turned it off in favor of the movement. Many of them because their own prejudices have blinded them (the whole of Black Lives Matter can really be reduced down to prejudices). They're not persuadable either way.

I'm speaking of people stuck in the middle between two bad choices. The good people out there that want nothing to do with Trump. But want even less to do with racist anti-cop rhetoric that balloons crime and is leaving hundreds dead and the country torn. Yeah, the media has chosen sides, but that, in itself, is causing a backlash.

Black Lives Matter has real issues and gripes. If you don't think racism is not institutionalized you live in bubble.

Naturally. Everyone has real issues and gripes. Even the most wrong and evil people in history and fiction often start with legit gripes. From the opposite end of the spectrum, Trump has legit gripes. But acknowledging legit gripes does not, and should not, mean that you embrace those same people when they are deeply in the wrong. Trump is an ugly stain on America because he's taken those legit gripes and brought out something disturbing in his rise to power. And make no mistake, Black Lives Matter is ugly to its core, itself being the creation of animosity and prejudice, and has brought nothing but a poisoning of race relations to go along with destruction and death in its wake.

Yes, there are legit beefs to be had. But sometimes what matters more is what you do, not which side you represent. You don't need to be in a bubble to look around and say, "I'm out," when the ugliness starts to rain. Sometimes it's the only honorable thing to do, even when you're on the same side.

Most people in the country know the difference are are rather distressed to see the normalization of such radicalization.

Black Lives Matter has real issues and gripes. If you don't think racism is not institutionalized you live in bubble.

No doubt. Much like black on black crime. Which one gets more press, though? Hmmmmmm.........

Trump's already managed to pretty much bury Pence by the time he was introduced. First he allowed it to leak that he was thinking of backing out of the pick, then during the introductions he spent most of the half hour he was on stage talking about himself, admitted that he chose Pence to get conservatives off his back, and then walked off the stage before Pence's speech.

I can't imagine why Pence gave up the governor's mansion and took the nomination. He's generally cautious in which campaigns he runs in, he probably would have won the nomination outright four years ago, but chose the lay-up as governor. By aligning himself with Trump, he'll either end up as VP, which will be essentially worthless if the president doesn't give you something to do, or he'll be a private citizen dealing with the stench of having supported Trump for the rest of his life.

But, that's what you get for lowering your morals to do what's politically expedient. Particularly when you're dealing with a narcissist.

Guest El Chalupacabra

So, at this point, can we all pretty much agree Trump has been revealed to be a Troll Candidate? He is either insane, or more likely, not in it to win. Something I had believed when Trump first entered the race, and I've never was fully convinced he was in it to win, even when he seemed to have the nomination locked up a couple months ago. I think it would be hilarious to see Trump come out 6 months after having lost the election, and actually admit he trolled the GOP and played on the racists and crazies within the party in order to derail GOP chances at the White House, and possibly even to actively get Hillary Clinton elected.

Bust seriously, I for one have a question for the originator of this thread: So what do you think of your "GOP savior" now, CM? That is not intended as a call out, or anything like that. Do you feel deceived?

Trump was an obvious troll candidate back in December. If anything it was even more obvious back then before the people started their wishful thinking that he wasn't once he wrapped up the nomination. What's happened lately that makes Trump more of a troll candidate?

Sometimes I think stuff happening in the world is because people are scared about Trump actually winning. It would be like our own freaky weird name that crazy dude who ran a country and it makes the world be more like a trump follower just acting out.

But...but..that national treasure Scott Baio is going to tell us how wonderful it will be to have a president Trump. If the man headlining such eternal classics such Zapped! and Joanie Loves Chachi likes Trump, then it must be a-ok!

His former campaign director, whom he is now suing, came out and admitted that in the beginning it was a publicity stunt, but after he got humbers his ego took over and he decided he could actually pull it off.

I am not surprised Trump is suing him.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.