Alright, who else here is voting for THE DONALD?

Carrie Mathison

Guest El Chalupacabra

I always think of Hilkary as a person a moderate GOPer would vote for. Take her name and historical background away and she really will keep things as they've been since Bush. To be honest minus gay marriage and a ****ty VA issue, Obama has been centrist and moderate too. The current crop of voters are just indicative of how stupid America has gotten as they fall for hyperbolic media manufactured scams.

Lets just close the borders and inbreed now.

I can't get my head off the upsides of Trump winning...

-- garbage people will be easily identifiable

-- the GOP and the DEMS will find a new level of bipartisan action as they work together in congress to block anything Trump tries to pass

-- the rest of the world will get the validation that we're a joke with the biggest guns

-- our political system and base intelligence level of our citizens are proven to be an utter ****show

Not the end of the world, and exactly the sort of things needed to justify overhauling this country

The response to Trump in the years after his presidency would be crazy

The American people deserve EXACTLY who they elect. If it is Trump, I would be surprised if he gets a second term, but I can see him doing some damage, but mainly being a pretty ineffective president, because he's toxic to both parties: The dems get nothing out of cooperating with him, and the GOP may nominate him, but will walk away from him if elected. The guy isn't even elected to anything yet, not even the GOP nomination (at least yet), and look at the hatred for the guy. I think it is fair to say that we haven't seen that much hatred for a public figure since G W Bush, so imagine what it would be if he actually were president, and follows through with just one of his election promises (IE closing the border, both his political enemies, and the media will go nuts. It will make what W went through look like a love fest. OF course the byproduct is you are right, the Trump supporters will be equally shrill, but I think we already can sus those out, as it is. We don't need a President Trump to identify them.

That all said, I don't think Trump (assuming he gets the nomination) will win the general. I think it is all but certain that Hillary will get the Dem nomination, just as I have believed since 2008. Some people are mistaking the GOP popularity for Trump as a groundswell of this "anti-librul" outcry for another Reagan to save the GOP, and someone who, through force of will, can convince the democrats to vote for him, too. It may be true of many GOPers, but there are statistically more democrats than republicans, and I don't see any dems crossing over to vote Trump. Dems who hate Hillary will either not vote, or hold their nose and vote for her, but I don't see any revenge voting for Trump by Dems. Also, people supporting Trump are just a vocal majority of the GOP not the vocal majority of the nation. One other thing to consider is the field was very fragmented for so long, I don't see Trump unifying his own party. I think that a significant number of the people who wanted Rubio, Kasich, or Cruz, will not vote for Trump. They may stay home. Some may actually cross over to vote for Hillary, depending on the region.

Guest El Chalupacabra

SJWs Will Elect Trump

What happened tonight in Chicago is why we need Trump, as obnoxious as he is, to keep going. I am not a Trump supporter, and I reject much of his rhetoric. But he has a right to give a speech, even an obnoxious speech, without it being interrupted by demonstrators. All of us do. Trump is revealing how impossible it is to have a normal democracy with the activist left, who think their crying need for “safe spaces” gives them the right to silence their opponents.
No. This political correctness needs to be opposed, and it needs to be opposed with force. I don’t know why the police couldn’t handle this situation, but they had better be on it in the future, because many Americans will not stand for this. What those protesters have done tonight is create a lot more Trump voters out of people who are sick and tired of privileged leftists using thug tactics to silence their opponents.
[...]
Don’t y’all understand that people like you only feed the Trump beast?

Did you write that, Foz?

:eek:

Won't Happen, Pong. More people oppose actual hate speech, than they do political correctness.

I've read that there was no conversation between Trump and Chicago police, wherein the police urged Trump to cancel his rally. A cancellation which, it should be pointed out, gave Trump an opportunity to address a much larger audience on CNN a short time later, and claim that his "first amendment rights" had been violated. I'm actually quite impressed at how reasonable he sounds in this interview.

The SJW left are complete pricks with zero regard for what democracy and civil liberties are really about. One wonders if this little Andrew Seidel puss-bag would be taking so cavalier an attitude towards the whole issue if it were Trump supporters disrupting a Sanders or Clinton rally. The attitude of the progressives towards freedom of speech is the very definition of passive-aggressiveness: "We'll whine and complain, to the point of misrepresenting what you've said so that you're brought up on hate speech claims, lose your job or the like." But that's not a violation of free speech. Oh no. Because civil liberties now only apply to the government. Funny how that WASN'T the case when it came to housing and employment discrimination, or firing and black-listing communist and union sympathizers.

That said, Trump's decision to cancel the rally and then go on national television and act like his rights had been violated was his and his alone. Perhaps he was truly motivated for concern over public safety. Can't say I'm completely without skepticism, though.

The cynical opportunism that is now habitually displayed on both sides of the political spectrum is what is truly undermining public faith in democratic institutions. If anyone or anything is truly to blame, I'd say it's a social media climate that thrives on manufactured controversy.

Also, great article, Pong. Author Rod Dreher is a now rare voice of reason, despite my disagreement with him on other issues that he raised, such as abortion.

Won't Happen, Pong. More people oppose actual hate speech, than they do political correctness.

That's what most of the current polls say, but count me among the "smart people" who considered Trump a circus freak show who would burn out by, oh -- July 2015. So I'm obviously done making predictions for a good while.

Guest El Chalupacabra

There's a big difference between a GOP primary where none of the other front runners were any where near an A-lister and Trump stands out by default, and a general election. When Cruz is the second best contender, you know the GOP is in serious trouble.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Crazy? Hillary is going to get the nomination, which is something I saw coming really since 2009. As for Trump, really, I am not that surprised. Like I said, he is just filling a vacuum, because the GOP hasn't been able to field an electable candidate since 2004, and even then, the GOP had buyers' remorse.

If the GOP actually had someone half way decent as an alternative, Trump wouldn't have gotten anywhere near the votes he had.

Yeah, the Democratic side has not been crazy.

A coworker told me about his burgeoning love affair with Bernie Sanders early last summer and I was all like "Huh?" and had to do a double-take. Sanders' promise to stick it to the man and give people "free" stuff was stale 30 years ago, and he's a crusty old white dude who has never been big on identity politics, so his appeal to young leftists did come as something of a surprise to me. But why should it have been? It's not like Elizabeth Warren is running, so who else are they going to turn to? Sanders success owes more to Clinton not being inspiring or a good closer (or campaigner) than anything new and exciting that he has to offer. It's just right time, right place. It is and always has been Clinton's to lose.

You are far more prescient than me when it comes to the GOP side, though. I am truly still shaking my head at that circus.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Well, to be clear, I have to admit I am surprised at the fact that Trump wasn't knocked out of the race in the beginning, too. I honestly thought he was just trolling at first, and I still think that could be a possibility. What I am saying is once the race was in full swing when the first primary results were in and it was clear that Trump wasn't going anywhere, I wasn't surprised that he took and maintained the lead in the rest of the primaries.

If anything truly shocked me on the GOP side this year, it would be that Cruz has remained number 2! Trump has at least the fact he is an outsider that also has name recognition. He's a novelty. But Cruz, holy roller voters aside, I just don't understand his appeal. He is just an obvious scum bag.

Cruz is the Pat Buchannon of this race. Guys like that will always appeal to hardcore right wingers but ultimately fail because they're too extreme.

And make no mistake about it, it's guys like Cruz that push voters to Trump. Hell I think voters would prefer me over Ted Cruz.

So basically pandering to the stupid in the GOP has worked great for Trump. He's spent less money and gets votes because this base that the GOP counts on really likes this candidate who's loud mouthed and course and I secretly believe that because Trump is just as much a failure in business (4 bankruptcies and branding his name is what made him money not actual businesses) and personal ventures (divorce) as they are they feel him out as a sounding board for how they feel. Now it's just mob mentality with them.

I love his wall idea where Mexico will pay for it.

Trumpcoats. heh.

Also I haven't met a single Trump supporter - if you don't count posters on this site. Like seriously. Not one. Either I don't have many racist family or friends (which is hard to believe knowing my family) or people who make actual sense and are against Trump just don't vote in primaries. The only way to win is to vote.

No, they're stupid. I've seen them. NOT voting is also an option.

LOL

Not the first time I have heard that comment from a committed leftist this year. And wow.

With it shaping up to be Clinton vs. Trump this has become first election in my lifetime where factions in the GOP talk about how it is good to increase voter turnout, while the Democrats whine about it's better if stupid people don't vote. Oh, how the worm has turned!

:eek:

Do you honestly believe that you have to be a racist to vote for Trump? Are you that conformed to PC bull****? If so, then wow.

Can't speak in this individual case, but yes there are a lot -- LOT -- of people who think the only possible reason somebody could vote for Trump is because they are racist. It's hysterical -- kind of like the whole "only lazy, jealous people who want free stuff could vote for Bernie" on meth.

Of course Trump has attracted a lot of supporters who harbor racial animus, just as Bernie has attracted a lot of lazy millennials; that is undeniable. But only a partisan simp could see the entire dynamic in such black-and-white terms.

Do you honestly believe that you have to be a racist to vote for Trump? Are you that conformed to PC bull****? If so, then wow.

Not really, Tex. My point was more along the lines of that's a lot of people who like Trump. I don't get the Politically Correct call out though. But w/e.

http://www.sacurrent.com/Blogs/archives/2016/03/14/have-you-seen-one-of-these-fake-signs-about-mexican-restaurants-banning-donald-trump-supporters

Not really, Tex. My point was more along the lines of that's a lot of people who like Trump. I don't get the Politically Correct call out though. But w/e.

http://www.sacurrent.com/Blogs/archives/2016/03/14/have-you-seen-one-of-these-fake-signs-about-mexican-restaurants-banning-donald-trump-supporters

While I do not support Trump, I have to ask. Since we are generalizing does that mean people who vote for Sanders are lazy and want free handouts?

I'm not dog piling. I've just noticed that from one side of the spectrum you can generalize all you want (i.e. Trump supporters are racist) but if you generalize from the other spectrum (Sanders supporters are lazy and want free handouts) then you are ignorant, a bigot, etc.

Personally there isn't anyone in this election cycle on either side that is worth the shit that comes from my ass.

I don't think that it's that Sanders supporters are lazy and want handouts. The problem is that they're young, stupid and idealistic.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.