Podcasts: Recommend them to me

Cashmere

I usually listen to audio books when I drive, but I've found that podcasts are great for trips with others in the car. I loved Serial, but I'm now looking to expand my horizons to one off options to share with friends. Right now I listen to:

My Brother My Brother and Me

Sawbones

How Did this get Made

Dear Sugar has been recommended by a few people too. What is missing from this list?

Wait, fictional podcasts are a thing? Have to look into that.

I have half a dozen album collections of Audioplays on Itunes. Mostly comedy but one is a horror anthology called "All My Nightmares"

My favorite podcast is called "The Black Guy Who Tips" Comedy and social issues.

I should check some of these out, too. I've got a 40 minute drive to work each day.

I also recently started a podcast, Two Catholic Guys Drink Whiskey and Discuss Current Events.

• This Week In Tech - Been my go-to tech news show for about a decade now. They get off topic a lot and it becomes a lot of Silicoln Valley Inside Baseball at times, but it's still awesome. Leo Laporte is essentially a crazy uncle at this point, but he still knows the industry better than anyone.

• /Filmcast - The best movie news podcast I've listened to. They go in depth on a lot of TV and have a good review of whatever new movie is popular that week.

• Nerdist - Is very hit or miss depending on if their celebrity guest is good or not, but when they have someone interesting or fun it's amazing.

• Serial - Just started their second season. I have a love / hate relationship with the show, but I'll be hanging on to every episode anyways.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have as much quiet time as I used to, so the only one I listen to is an oldie, but a goodie:

This American Life

The topics vary considerably, and because a new show isn't broadcasted daily, they have the opportunity to cherry-pick interesting topics and really dive deep. As a result, even if it isn't a topic I'm typically interested in, I find the presentation of the content to be very engaging.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.