Ignorance is Bliss

Pong Messiah

According to George Bernard Shaw:

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
I disagree. This kind of sentiment is a self-serving dual purpose excuse to wallow in misery while looking down on others who choose the path of less wallowing as unenlightened.

In more modern American terms:

If you're not angry, you're not paying attention.

Which is the rallying cry of both sides of the political aisle, while being simultaneously angry about the exact same thing from different sides.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

I disagree. This kind of sentiment is a self-serving dual purpose excuse to wallow in misery while looking down on others who choose the path of less wallowing as unenlightened.

It's the equal stupid opposite of "rose colored glasses."

Well, llike all fortune cookie wisdom, I guess it is true at least some of the time. Otherwise...

It's the equal stupid opposite of "rose colored glasses."

...This.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.