Planned Parenthood Psycho

Pong Messiah

The thing to watch for in this one is how the polarity of the spin will be reversed for the ends of the political spectrum. The people who were telling us how very wrong it is to profile Muslims based on what happened in Paris will be only too happy to now tell you what a reservoir of craziness bible belt gun toters are. The people who were telling us that Islam is a dread threat to all of our freedoms, liberties and lives will urge us caution in judging Christian conservatives on the actions of a few outlying whack jobs.

Guest El Chalupacabra

As someone who has a nice, lovely Planned Parenthood facility plopped right in front of my condo community (I wish it would move elsewhere), I see these pro-life whack jobs picketing every single day in front of it. Some of them apparently clergy wearing 19th century old west preacher garb, man-with-no-name hat and all. I can't help but hate them, even if I don't exactly like the idea of abortion. It would not surprise me in the least if one day a bullet comes flying through my window, after ricocheting from the clinic not 200 yards away from one of these religious nuts' AR15s. What I want to know is if life is so sacred, why do these crazies tote signs with chopped up babies and scream at and intimidate pregnant girls and women? Don't these people have jobs? Why aren't they doing something more logical like, I don't know, using their congregation's money to hire a lobbyist, or protest at the capital? More importantly, why do they block up my street with their parked cars, making it hard for me to drive around them, on my way to work? Like I said, I can't help but hate them. Yet another example of crazies that hurt their own cause by being so crazy.

The thing to watch for in this one is how the polarity of the spin will be reversed for the ends of the political spectrum. The people who were telling us how very wrong it is to profile Muslims based on what happened in Paris will be only too happy to now tell you what a reservoir of craziness bible belt gun toters are.

Post of the thread--particularly in the we-love-government-power-when-it-pushes-my-agenda of part of the American left; these are the same people who--in the wake of yesterdays' situation-- are doing their usual: atheistic screeds targeting Christianity. You will notice how Islam is rarely--if ever targeted by this end of the left, despite that faith's fringe causing high body counts across the planet. That's likely due to their foolish perception that Islam is the faith of the "brown peoples" (never mind millions of adherents who do not fit that visual description--they don't count when making a point). No, its all about hatin' Jesus, and how the U.S. government needs to profile and Rambo-style suppress anyone who does not agree with their world views....but profiling or (if necessary) any other group? "That's not who we are!" Or so we are told by our most moral leaders from that end of the left.

No hypocrisy to see there, folks.

People are psychotic, don't matter who your diety is. And psychotic people sometimes use their deities as justification for their acts. Shouldn't write of an entire religion based on a few whack jobs. There are plenty of other reasons to do that.

Post of the thread--particularly in the we-love-government-power-when-it-pushes-my-agenda of part of the American left; these are the same people who--in the wake of yesterdays' situation-- are doing their usual: atheistic screeds targeting Christianity. You will notice how Islam is rarely--if ever targeted by this end of the left, despite that faith's fringe causing high body counts across the planet. That's likely due to their foolish perception that Islam is the faith of the "brown peoples" (never mind millions of adherents who do not fit that visual description--they don't count when making a point). No, its all about hatin' Jesus, and how the U.S. government needs to profile and Rambo-style suppress anyone who does not agree with their world views....but profiling or (if necessary) any other group? "That's not who we are!" Or so we are told by our most moral leaders from that end of the left.

No hypocrisy to see there, folks.

Absolutely.

And just reverse the poles of Christianity and Islam, and throw in personal hatred for Obama and Hillary and some gun-worship for good measure, and you have the U.S right.

America is doomed.

The thing to watch for in this one is how the polarity of the spin will be reversed for the ends of the political spectrum. The people who were telling us how very wrong it is to profile Muslims based on what happened in Paris will be only too happy to now tell you what a reservoir of craziness bible belt gun toters are. The people who were telling us that Islam is a dread threat to all of our freedoms, liberties and lives will urge us caution in judging Christian conservatives on the actions of a few outlying whack jobs.

Yeah. I totally don't get this. They can't see the plainness of the link before their eyes that this is what an extremist is.

It has started popping up in my feed as something completely spun differently though on Facebook. Not anything to do with religious nuts but more to do with the #blacklivesmatter movement. They're questioning why a wack crazy dude is surrounded and given multiple chances to turn himself in and give up but black people are shot within moments of police showing up.

As someone who has a nice, lovely Planned Parenthood facility plopped right in front of my condo community (I wish it would move elsewhere), I see these pro-life whack jobs picketing every single day in front of it. Some of them apparently clergy wearing 19th century old west preacher garb, man-with-no-name hat and all. I can't help but hate them, even if I don't exactly like the idea of abortion. It would not surprise me in the least if one day a bullet comes flying through my window, after ricocheting from the clinic not 200 yards away from one of these religious nuts' AR15s. What I want to know is if life is so sacred, why do these crazies tote signs with chopped up babies and scream at and intimidate pregnant girls and women? Don't these people have jobs? Why aren't they doing something more logical like, I don't know, using their congregation's money to hire a lobbyist, or protest at the capital? More importantly, why do they block up my street with their parked cars, making it hard for me to drive around them, on my way to work? Like I said, I can't help but hate them. Yet another example of crazies that hurt their own cause by being so crazy.

Speaking of this I too find I hate these protester people simply because of this penchant for standing outside clinics. They did close a few Planned Parenthood clinics near me so I don't see it as often but the posters and screaming insults from invariably older people were aweful. Most of the people I know that go are trying to get birth control because they live in San Antonio and many Hispanics so not believe in contraceptives but girls need these things and this is the easiest way to get them.

PS I thought about you and Lohr when I was lost in Phoenix on Monday. I was on the 101 and trying to get back to I-10 from Scottsdale and wondered how you don't go crazy in all that traffic.

The other half is the inherent need people have to be angry at something. There are so many people out there who want to be mad simply because it gives them a purpose.

Throw in a few bumps in the road like unemployment and divorce and this is what you get.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Speaking of this I too find I hate these protester people simply because of this penchant for standing outside clinics. They did close a few Planned Parenthood clinics near me so I don't see it as often but the posters and screaming insults from invariably older people were aweful. Most of the people I know that go are trying to get birth control because they live in San Antonio and many Hispanics so not believe in contraceptives but girls need these things and this is the easiest way to get them.

PS I thought about you and Lohr when I was lost in Phoenix on Monday. I was on the 101 and trying to get back to I-10 from Scottsdale and wondered how you don't go crazy in all that traffic.

Yeah, I usually find myself automatically against protesters if they come off as even the tiniest bit unhinged to begin with, but the ones that scream at the people whom they are supposedly trying to change their minds (and save their souls from eternal fiery damnation...or whatever) is so self defeating that you would think it would be self-evident to even them. But then again the crazy blinds them to it, I suppose.

As for Loop 101, yeah, that is some pretty insane driving, especially where 101 and 202 meet. Still, it doesn't have anything on LA! I've driven all kinds of vehicles, literally including large military trucks and armored vehicles, and all manners of regular cars and trucks. I've had jobs where I averaged 200-400 miles of driving per day, and I have only been in one major accident (not counting backing into a pole when I was 17, and a person rear ending me 12 years ago), so I consider myself a safe and experienced driver. But driving in LA scares the absolute living SH*T out of me. People cut you off going 80 MPH with inches to spare between bumpers. Freeways just change names for no reason. So you thought you were on the 210? Sorry, that was a mile back. Now you are on the 134!

... Don't these people have jobs?

I think that's half the problem. Too many people with too much time on their hands. We all know what they say about the devil and idle hands. They need to go home and rethink their lives.

The other half is the inherent need people have to be angry at something. There are so many people out there who want to be mad simply because it gives them a purpose.

Throw in a few bumps in the road like unemployment and divorce and this is what you get.

The third half of the problem is social media that thrives off of manufactured controversy, in order to get stories to go viral, get more views and therefore attract more advertising revenue.

That still doesn't explain why every single one of them are the same type of creepy as this guy...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.