Random predictions for ep7 and beyond *spoilers?*

DANA-kin Skywalker

I think the falcon belongs to Rey now. They did a lot to set her up as a tinkerer and a pilot and she gets on with Chewie. I don't know why they'd change that now.

If like to see Lando again but I don't know why it has to be in the falcon. He could very easily have a ship of his own after 30 years.

This is how I picture it: Beyond the obvious of Rey being Luke's daughter I expect that the backstory will be that when Luke started to train a new generation of Jedi, Ben was among his students. Somewhere Snoke steps into the picture and corrupts Ben after he finds out about the legacy of Anakin Skywalker. At this time Rey is maybe 3 or 4 years old. Ben goes on a rampage and murders all of the students and then goes for Luke's wife. Kills her in cold blood. Luke escapes with his only child. Broken and beaten. He is aided by Lor San Tekka in finding a suitable planet to hid Rey. Tatooine is too obvious so Jakku is selected. Either from the trauma or from Luke performing a force "memory wipe" is the reason Rey refers to Luke as a "myth" and doesn't remember a thing.

Driven mad by the guilt and his own failure Luke decides to go into hiding until Rey is old enough for the force to guide her back to him to begin her training. Hopefully this will be more or less explained or shown to us via force flashback in episode 8.

This happens with pretty much every hyped up movie. It's just marketing. Harrison Ford said he loved the script to Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. We all know how that turned out. Read another article that said there was a standing ovation when they screened Batman v Superman to WB execs and that movie looks terrible.

They're just carefully crafted marketing techniques disguised as reliable anecdotes from celebrities.

I don't think Episode 8 is gonna suck, but I don't really get excited with these types of articles anymore.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.