Random predictions for ep7 and beyond *spoilers?*

DANA-kin Skywalker

Was Ben Solo was the defector of the Jedi Order Luke was recreating and later formed the Knights of Ren? Luke totally has the I am your father moment with Rey in 8. Kylo and Rey have an epic saber fight in 8 as well. I to would like to see Rey with a double blade saber. Totally agree Leia becomes the Supreme Chancellor of the New Republic. A giant Snoke/Darth Plagueis (8 feetish) and Kylo Ren take on Luke, Rey, and Finn in 9. Finn and Luke are killed, Snoke is killed. Kylo escapes Rey leaving it open ended.

Episode 8:

Luke returns to resistance cause of some new threat, Rey comes with him, almost a Jedi save for facing Ren again.

Ren is tempted by Leia to come back, and almost does it-- and kills Snoke to finish things... But in doing so has even more power and let's go of any conflict about turning back.

Although it's unlikely with someone completing their training now (and unlikely to be saving any one from the Dark Side), how do feel people about Rey turning to the Dark Side?

Don't usually indulge in this sort of thing, but this possibility intrigues me (and it's not an argument for it actually happening) in a Dark Willow way

We will learn that Snoke is a midget.

No really, he's not that tall. No way. Maybe normal sized, but seriously...he's fragile and vulnerable, why not project his hologram to be that much bigger? Nobody but Hux and Ren have to know his true size. Wizard of Oz, yes?

Although it's unlikely with someone completing their training now (and unlikely to be saving any one from the Dark Side), how do feel people about Rey turning to the Dark Side?

Don't usually indulge in this sort of thing, but this possibility intrigues me (and it's not an argument for it actually happening) in a Dark Willow way

Rey going dark isn't needed. Ren is already set up so it seems really clunky to change course. She might be tempted-- the same way Luke was. But they invested an entire movie in establishing her as the next new hope that it would be a giant waste of time to go elsewhere.

As for her training-- given what she's already done she's either naturally attuned like Luke or she forgot training she had as a child before being sent away. Either way she'll be a Jedi, or close to it in VIII.

We will learn that Snoke is a midget.

No really, he's not that tall. No way. Maybe normal sized, but seriously...he's fragile and vulnerable, why not project his hologram to be that much bigger? Nobody but Hux and Ren have to know his true size. Wizard of Oz, yes?

I said in the other thread that I think Snoke is taller than Yoda, but shorter than Luke. It's not a stretch to believe that Snoke rules behind a curtain. But Ren has to know his true form right?

Lando returns in episode 8. He plays a small part in avenging Han. He pilots the falcon with Chewie.

Rey is Luke's daughter and he trains her. Gasp!

The scars on snoke's face are lightsaber burns, implying Jedi or Sith training.

Snoke is Darth Plagieus the Wise. Powerful enough to stop people from dying, and wise enough to convince palpatine he couldn't save himself. Damn that guy is patient.

or

Snoke is a fallen Jedi from Luke's failed order. This implies Luke knows him well. I believe Han and Leia mention Snoke's name in TFA already so they know him.

There will be a romantic interest between Finn and Rey, and possibly a small rivalry/love triangle involving Poe.

Me: "Hmm, the last time I was on NN, I think it was just after TPM released, I wonder if my account's still there..." ;)

Anyway...

Random predictions for 8 & 9 huh? Ok...

Rey Skywalker. I was hoping they'd take a different direction over the whole family drama thing, but oh well. I've heard rumors she could be a Kenobi too, which would be cooler, IMO.

This is not going to be a redemption story for Kylo Ren. He's gonna die, and I really hope (though highly doubt) that Chewie is the one to do it.

Luke's lost lightsaber story will take about 20 seconds to tell, and that'll be the end of it.

I will leave the theater if Hayden Christensen comes back in ghost form...

The Millennium Falcon will not survive Episode VIII.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Most of them have been 2-3 years, save for the decade jump after TPM.

It'll only be 2 years real time

True, GL released the movies 3 years apart for each trilogy, but only two movies were 3 years apart, story time. The Disney episode movies will be released 2 years apart, with anthology movies in between.

TPM (1999) To AOTC (2002) was 10 years apart in the story.

AOTC (2002) to ROTS (2005) was 3 years apart in the story.

ROTS to ANH was 19 or 20 years apart in the story, depending on source you believe.

ANH (1977) to TESB (1980) was 3 years apart in the story.

TESB to ROTJ (1983) was about 9 months later in the story

TFA (2015) is set around 30 years after ROTJ. Almost 33 years apart real time.

Episode 8 is supposed to come out in 2017, and Episode 9 in 2019.

Guest El Chalupacabra

It's never explicitly stated on screen, I am just going by EU and other sources. Shadows of the Empire is the strongest "source," set between 3 and 4 years ABY. A lot of other sources, and staff interview range between 6 months to 1 year, but a lot seem to indicate 9 months.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.