Random predictions for ep7 and beyond *spoilers?*

DANA-kin Skywalker

Here are some predictions I have that could happen, based on the tidbits I've seen in trailers, that poster, and (mostly) my own conjecture. Obviously none of this is confirmed by anything.

Han will bite it in seven. It completes his story arc well through sacrifice, and makes way for the new characters.

Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver are related. They are either siblings or cousins.

Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver are related to Luke, Han, or Leia. They are either Leia's kids (probably with Han) or possibly Luke's.

Daisy Ridley is the lead for episodes 7, 8, & 9. She is the "Luke Skywalker" of this new trilogy. She is force sensitive, and we will follow her story like we did Luke in the OT.

Oscar Isaac will blow up that Death Star planet looking thing in the poster. That's what death stars do...they blow up.

Daisy Ridley will have a romantic interest in Oscar Isaac, much to the likes of Han and Leia in the OT, probably more so in ep8.

Daisy Ridley's staff has some significance beyond a big walking stick. She always has that thing, and it was on that poster where everyone had their "weapon of choice".

Daisy Ridley will (eventually) wield a double-bladed lightsaber like Darth Maul. Her proficiency with that staff makes her favor that over a single blade. Or maybe that staff IS a lightsaber.

John Boyega duels Kylo Ren in the snow and gets owned since Ren is trained in the force and Boyega is untrained. He dies.

John Boyega duels Kylo Ren in the snow and is clearly outmatched since Ren is trained in the force and Boyega is untrained. He is about to die, but Luke Skywalker appears (for the first time in the movie) and saves his ass, fends off Ren, who craps his pants and gets b1tched around by super Luke, then runs away. This happens in the last 15 mins of the movie.

Captain Phasma is the new Boba Fett. Unlike rank and file storm troopers, she can shoot straight, and will hunt Boyega, Ridley, and Isaac. The front of her blaster LOOKS like a lightsaber, so I'm not going to be surprised if she rips the front of it off and it ignites it at some point. This is a long-shot, but to win big you have to bet on a long-shot.

Captain Phasma will track and capture Oscar Isaac (or possibly Boyega or Ridley) and will eventually get rescued. This will happen in ep8 and/or ep9.

Snoke is the new emperor. Snoke could be Darth Plagieus. This is one of the few tie-ins to the prequel trilogy that I could roll with.

Luke becomes one with the force in ep8 or ep9, and we see him as a force ghost.

Leia is NOT trained as a Jedi, but obviously is force sensitive and learns how to use it in subtle ways like sensing others (like in TESB and ROTJ), predicting the future, and/or espionage. She is a brilliant military strategist and political leader. She is or becomes the new Mon Mothma, only better due to the force.

Leia makes it throuh episode 9 alive. She becomes the leader of whatever faction comes out on top of ep9.

Luke is totally good, not dark side at all. He turned away from the ultimate temptation in ROTJ so this is consistent. I've contemplated Snoke being Luke, and I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be true, but I'd say not.

Snoke is the new emperor. Snoke could be Darth Plagieus. This is one of the few tie-ins to the prequel trilogy that I could roll with.

Some insufferable fanboy asked Kasdan about Darth Plagieus at a con Q and A and he just laughed and said "Who's that? No."

Guest El Chalupacabra

Here are some predictions I have that could happen, based on the tidbits I've seen in trailers, that poster, and (mostly) my own conjecture. Obviously none of this is confirmed by anything.

Han will bite it in seven. It completes his story arc well through sacrifice, and makes way for the new characters.

Agree with it, based on the rumors, and the scene with Rey crying over someone. However, ever since the preview of Chewie blowing up something, makes me wonder if maybe Chewie bites it too, or Han is merely injured, but Chewie dies.

Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver are related. They are either siblings or cousins.

Daisy Ridley and Adam Driver are related to Luke, Han, or Leia. They are either Leia's kids (probably with Han) or possibly Luke's.

Daisy Ridley is the lead for episodes 7, 8, & 9. She is the "Luke Skywalker" of this new trilogy. She is force sensitive, and we will follow her story like we did Luke in the OT.

Agree with all that. I believe Kylo Ren is actually not just a fan of Vader, but related to him. I am wondering if he is Luke's son.

Oscar Isaac will blow up that Death Star planet looking thing in the poster. That's what death stars do...they blow up.

I think the Resistance will have their own superweapon, and the New Order superweapon (death star, Starkiller, whatever its called) was created to destroy the Resistance superweapon.

Daisy Ridley will have a romantic interest in Oscar Isaac, much to the likes of Han and Leia in the OT, probably more so in ep8.

Daisy Ridley's staff has some significance beyond a big walking stick. She always has that thing, and it was on that poster where everyone had their "weapon of choice".

Daisy Ridley will (eventually) wield a double-bladed lightsaber like Darth Maul. Her proficiency with that staff makes her favor that over a single blade. Or maybe that staff IS a lightsaber.

Agree with all of this.

John Boyega duels Kylo Ren in the snow and gets owned since Ren is trained in the force and Boyega is untrained. He dies.

John Boyega duels Kylo Ren in the snow and is clearly outmatched since Ren is trained in the force and Boyega is untrained. He is about to die, but Luke Skywalker appears (for the first time in the movie) and saves his ass, fends off Ren, who craps his pants and gets b1tched around by super Luke, then runs away. This happens in the last 15 mins of the movie.

I don't think Finn dies, just loses and is injured. I think Finn is saved, but probably not by Luke. Maybe Han, at the cost of his life.

Captain Phasma is the new Boba Fett. Unlike rank and file storm troopers, she can shoot straight, and will hunt Boyega, Ridley, and Isaac. The front of her blaster LOOKS like a lightsaber, so I'm not going to be surprised if she rips the front of it off and it ignites it at some point. This is a long-shot, but to win big you have to bet on a long-shot.

Captain Phasma will track and capture Oscar Isaac (or possibly Boyega or Ridley) and will eventually get rescued. This will happen in ep8 and/or ep9.

Agreed. Phasma is the new Fett, and tracks down Finn for being a deserter, and it's personal for Phasma. Don't know that she will have a lightsaber, but might have some sort of melee weapon that can take on a lightsaber, like the Riot Troopers have.

Snoke is the new emperor. Snoke could be Darth Plagieus. This is one of the few tie-ins to the prequel trilogy that I could roll with

I think it is clear he is the new emperor, and is probably some alien, but not Darth Plagieus. I think he is totally new, and may not even be a Sith Lord, but is definitely a Dark Side master.

Luke becomes one with the force in ep8 or ep9, and we see him as a force ghost.

I am thinking he will die in Episode 9. I don't think he will be in Ep 7 except maybe in flashbacks or the last 5 minutes of the movie. Ep 8 will be his time to train Finn and Rey. Ep 9 he has a yoda moment. I also think Luke will be established as having been a Badass, but at the time of Ep 7, he is far past his prime like Obi Wan was, which is why he needs to train new blood. He will also be reluctant like Yoda was to train anyone at first, especially if Kylo Ren is related to him.

Leia is NOT trained as a Jedi, but obviously is force sensitive and learns how to use it in subtle ways like sensing others (like in TESB and ROTJ), predicting the future, and/or espionage. She is a brilliant military strategist and political leader. She is or becomes the new Mon Mothma, only better due to the force.

Leia makes it throuh episode 9 alive. She becomes the leader of whatever faction comes out on top of ep9.

Yeah, I think Leia has some connection to the force, but more like TESB where she sensed Luke was in trouble, but I think she takes more after Padme: just a smart warrior and leader. She won't be a jedi, probably because Luke refused to train her, and also probably because she didn't have a desired or aptitude to be a jedi. Leia is the new Mon Mothma, so being a jedi is not in her cards.

Luke is totally good, not dark side at all. He turned away from the ultimate temptation in ROTJ so this is consistent. I've contemplated Snoke being Luke, and I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be true, but I'd say not

Luke is good. Period. He is just the unicorn of the movie, and everyone is trying to find him on both sides. I think it is possible he gave up training other people in the force, due to a trauma. My pet theory is that Adam Driver/Kylo Ren is Luke's son. I also think Luke-Leia-Han kept the fact Vader was Luke\Leia's father hidden. Something happens where Luke refuses to train Kylo, and this trauma causes Luke to go hermit. Kylo finds out on his own that Vader is his grandpa, and becomes obsessed with learning the force. SInce Luke refuses to train him, Snoke offers instead. Rey is his cousin, and Han\Leia's daughter, and was placed into hiding out of fear of what happened to Kylo happening to her.

Here's my predictions on top of what I stated:

1. General Hux is the face of the First Order, and is basically the Tarkin of the new trilogy.

2. I don't think the First Order Superweapon will be destroyed by the end of the movie. Just stopped, and the resistance will narrowly escape total destruction and have some moral victory.

3. Snoke is not like the Emperor in that he rules behind the scenes. Few people will know who Snoke is, and Hux is the guy people "know " is in charge of the First Order. Kylo Ren is seen as Hux's enforcer, but like the Vader/Tarkin dynamic, most of the first order fear and mistrust Ren, but are loyal to Hux. Hux keeps Ren in line, and Ren only obeys because it's what Snoke wants. Captain Phasma is Hux's "right arm."

4. The lightsaber Finn has is Luke's old saber, which he steals from Kylo Ren's Darth Vader collection.

5. C3P0's red arm will never be explained in the films, but will be in the new EU, and the explanation will be stupid.

6. Maz Kanata will be like a cross between the new Yoda and the new Jabba

7. The Resistance will be getting its ass handed to it and suffer a major defeat, which is why the wild goose chase will take Han, Rey, and Fin to the space pirates because they need an alliance with them to fight the first order.

8. Luke only shows up at the end, and after he hears the resistance is in trouble. I think at the point he shows up, everyone will have given him up for dead,a nd his appearance will rally the troops.

9. Poe Dameron will be tortured by Kylo Ren, and gives up a secret that causes the loss of a major battle for the Resistance. He will be labeled a coward or traitor and will have to earn his way back to being respected. Sort of like Han in ANH skipping town after getting paid, then coming back at the last minute to help Luke.

I think they are both Luke's kids. Everything I've seen seems to indicate that Han has no idea who Rey is when they meet up. My guess is that Rey goes into hiding at a very young age, too young to remember much about her family. Everyone, including Han, thinks she is dead. The only 2 people to know she is alive are Luke and Leia.

I'm putting my money on Luke being the big bad. And I don't care about all the "but that's a slap in the face to the OT" retort that is bound to come flying my way. If Luke goes dark, that'd be sick. And I think enough people think it's totally ridiculous and unlikely that it probably makes it quite likely. Also Mark Hamill always wanted Luke to go bad and the "who IS Luke Skywalker" statement that got JJ to take the project on makes me think it is likely. Plus.. Goodie-two-shoes Luke is boring.

I kind of think that the Empire became more of an omnipresent nuisance as opposed to solid regime. More of like a splinter group that constantly had to be dealt with and considered, much like al Qaeda or ISIS in our world.

That's my prediction for the new trilogy. The originals were an analog to the American Revolution, the prequels were very similar to the Vietnam War, but the new trilogy will be modeled after the ambiguous morality and unnamed fear of post-9/11. The New Republic / Resistance hasn't proven to be as noble or principaled as everyone would have hoped, and the Empire / New Order is a much smaller organization that much of the ambiguity is focused on. Meanwhile, while all of the political players are merely a few different shades of grey, the Force is the only place where there's real light and dark.

I'm putting my money on Luke being the big bad. And I don't care about all the "but that's a slap in the face to the OT" retort that is bound to come flying my way. If Luke goes dark, that'd be sick. And I think enough people think it's totally ridiculous and unlikely that it probably makes it quite likely. Also Mark Hamill always wanted Luke to go bad and the "who IS Luke Skywalker" statement that got JJ to take the project on makes me think it is likely. Plus.. Goodie-two-shoes Luke is boring.

In light of the last trailer and Luke seemingly having disappeared, I think we may all have read into the question about Luke at least partially incorrectly, as in what JJ might have found so appealing is "WHO is Luke Skywalker?". Rather than exploring who he really is, which seems like it won't happen until Ep. 8, I think JJ really got on board with the take that the OT is essentially mythical to the new main characters (with perhaps the exception of Poe). That isn't to say we won't get some focus on who he IS, too, especially if Rey and/or Kylo are his children since that fact would certainly raise questions about him, too.

If Luke is the big bad, I'm done and will refuse to acknowledge anything other than the OT.

Cab you expand on why? This is a strong take so I'm curious.

As a parallel Tony going evil in 24 was equally upsetting but they earned it so most fans bought in. And it was compelling. So good turning evil isn't automatically sucky

Indeed, written well the Anikan in the prequels story could have been so compelling if he'd been shown as truly good and then they earned his fall.

Because Star Wars is about archetypes. Anakin was the fallen hero archetype. Anakin is Lancelot. Luke is the pure hero. He's Galahad. If you rewrite the story to make Galahad turn evil just because "Dude, it'll be awesome bro!" then you're not telling anything remotely like the story, you don't understand the story at all, and you're not offering anything remotely interesting.

It may be "cool" to see, but I agree that Luke being evil in the new trilogy would take a lot away from the originals. Being tempted by the Emperor and his own father wasn't enough... but something else IS? It's one thing for him to become a recluse, but the thought of him skulking away to the dark side to pout about something is stupid.

It could be handled well I believe. Luke going dark that is. I could elaborate on my opinion but I'm playing fallout, and I don't think my justification would sway anything for anyone. But I think it could be done well.

But essentially, just because you beat the dark side once doesn't mean you've defeated it forever. I see it almost like addiction. Beating an addiction is an ongoing thing and it is never really "defeated" only managed. And most people succumb at some point.

If Luke ISN'T the big bad, then he better at least be more morally ambiguous, "grey" if you will, rather than some shining beacon of purity ala Galahad. The galaxy has changed, and I'm sure Lukes brush with the Dark in Jedi at least made him a little more philosophically open.

As for archetypes... Well it's the 21st century, Id like to think we've moved beyond the stereotypical binary characterisation of the 1970s.

We may have. But I fell in love with a simplistic myth that was designed to be exactly that. If the new people involved want to move on from that, awesome. But I have zero interest in it, and will not be supporting it.

No way Luke is going to be bad.

Not because it would undo the OT, but because it would undo the type of mythic storytelling that Star Wars is.

And you can't say "but Anakin went bad" as a defense because that event was made as part of the tapestry of the OT

Mmm. It will be interesting to see how much JJ will have stuck to convention then. Cause he seems like he likes to shake things up, and do somewhat unexpected things. Or at least from the interviews I've seen with him he seems that way. So, if it does stick to the black and white morality of 30's serials I'll be very surprised. Either way, December can't come soon enough!

Guest El Chalupacabra

I don't see (nor do I want to see) Luke going bad. Being an unconventional Jedi not stuck in the dogma of the Jedi Order, sure. But I think if Luke is "guilty" of anything, it is that he withdrew from the galaxy, and let the war rage on, probably because there were good guys and bad guys on both sides. Neither side was completely good or evil, and Luke felt that the best thing was to stay out of it, until the events of Episode 7 when the evil returns, and on the side of the First Order. So, Luke comes out of "retirement" so to speak.

I don't see (nor do I want to see) Luke going bad. Being an unconventional Jedi not stuck in the dogma of the Jedi Order, sure. But I think if Luke is "guilty" of anything, it is that he withdrew from the galaxy, and let the war rage on, probably because there were good guys and bad guys on both sides. Neither side was completely good or evil, and Luke felt that the best thing was to stay out of it, until the events of Episode 7 when the evil returns, and on the side of the First Order. So, Luke comes out of "retirement" so to speak.

Damn your superior logic, Chalup!

I mean I totally agree with you here.

But part of me still wants to see Luke go full dark. But I'm totally happy with your prediction too.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.