Jessica Jones

ShadowDog

Made my way through the first 3 so far. Awesome show! I think Jessica Jones has become one of my favorite characters now! My friends said I look like her but I don't see it...we both have dark hair, I guess.

And they have

Patsy Walker

! I was not expecting anyone other than Luke Cage to show up. Wondering why

she had a comic book

? Guess I'll find out in one of the later episodes.

Too early for me to say what i think of Kilgrave but he sure does come across as a real slimeball.

They had to change things up from the comic because they wouldn't work with the MCU.

In the comic, Jessica was retconned in as Jewel, as an Avenger, but very temporarily before he washed out. She retained a friendship with Carol Danvers, and the first Alias story was about saving somebody who had learned Steve Rodgers was Captain America, so Carol came calling on her as a mouthpiece. Jessica also starts up a friendship with Spider-Woman.

Since in the MCU Steve Rodgers is already known to be cap and Jessica was not part of the Avengers, they jumped ahead to the Purple Man story arc. Also-- since Jessica Drew is owned by Sony and Carol Danvers is now ear-marked for her own movie-- they needed to give her a BFF. Hellcat is a great choice I think-- not as high profile as Captain Marvel, but it certainly works. Though she doesn't have any powers here.

Yes, Rogers! ;D

Did they mention him? I might've missed a line but I'm only 3 in so far. Took a break tonight since I wanted to see Walking Dead and Once Upon A Time. I guess Hulk makes the most sense since he's kind of an accident like they are. Plus, strong and invulnerable! Yeah, Thor, but he's all magicy and stuff.

Pretty good. It's keeping my attention. Episode 3 is a bit hokey; most of an episode spent trying to obtain anesthesia... compelling.
I don't know how this is going to last beyond one season, or at least until Kilgrave is dispatched. Once there isn't some ominous threat of mind control she's just going to become "The Invincible Detective". And if they try to evolve her into a full fledged superhero then the show basically loses its hook.

Pretty good. It's keeping my attention. Episode 3 is a bit hokey; most of an episode spent trying to obtain anesthesia... compelling.

I don't know how this is going to last beyond one season, or at least until Kilgrave is dispatched. Once there isn't some ominous threat of mind control she's just going to become "The Invincible Detective". And if they try to evolve her into a full fledged superhero then the show basically loses its hook.

The comic had several good arcs in its run-- but when they moved Jessica to a not-mature book she became less interesting. After that, she took a backseat as Luke Cage became a high-profile Avenger.

There's material for a season 2, maybe a 3-- and she (along with all the other Netflix heroes) is slated for The Defenders, which are basically the street-level Avengers.

The word I've heard on several streets is that Melissa Rosenberg was an utter tyrant and monster and no one wants to come back if she's still in charge.

Holy crap really?

Maybe that's why they're talking about doing defenders next instead of season 2. Or at least one of the factors

I don't know how this is going to last beyond one season

Well Simpson is missing-- nabbed by IGH-- who we now know is connected to Jessica's power origin.

Also, the one question that was driving me nuts, is that she never asked (way to go detective) Luke why Reva would have video evidence of Killgrave as a kid. Obviously, there were other kids on the drive-- but how/why did Reva have that info.

Luke's powers are the result of experimentation as well so the obvious answer is in tracking down Luke's origins she found Killgrave's.

If that was somehow connected to IGH I wouldn't be shocked.

Also, Patsy still has a bottle of the red not-so-super soldier drug. She's about 2 minutes away from using it and going all Hellcat.

So I'd say there's plenty for Season 2.

Somebody made a point yesterday that I thought was interesting. They said "Considering how much build up there was the entire season the finale, and the final confrontation, didn't really live up to that"

I actually think that's a valid criticism. Still an awesome series. I think the final test will be if I enjoy it as much the second time through whenever I rewatch it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.