Subway pitchman Jared Fogle sentenced to 15 1/2 years...

Justus

When I first read the headline, I was in disbelief. The guy deserves way longer. On the plus side, his life is over. He's not working anywhere when he gets out of prison and hopefully the civil and divorce suits leave him penniless.

Dudes. I find it worse when teachers do this.

Why? A pedophile is a predator / threat to society no matter his occupation. Some might argue that a teacher has a "captive" audience in that they are in control of / have access to children every day, but Jared Fogle was dealing in the underground where its more difficult to report and/or expose the exploitation of children, so its easier for the crimes to continue, sting or no sting.

I mean, other than living with the fact that she's been married to a monster forever, she can take the money and run. She'll manage. Her kids'll probably need a lot of counseling, so I hope that's happening. But they can turn out okay.

And, yeah, compared to the actual victims? His wife and kids aren't the ones who deserve the tears.

And the fact that at least one Subway franchise owner claims to have known about it and done nothing but report it to public relations? Again I say, screw Subway.

Screw him and screw Subway.

I am not a fan of Subway, because I usually feel mildly ill 2-3 hours after eating there. But regarding your "and screw Subway" comment, did they know what Fogle was doing and try to sweep it under the rug? I have not followed this story very closely, but I thought Subway cut ties with him early on, as soon as it became clear he had definitely done something?

IMO, the responsible thing to do would be to suspend w/ pay until more information comes to light, then reinstate or cut ties if it turns out there is merit to the accusations -- I thought that is basically what they did?

I'm totally creeped out by the thought of this. I might be putting too much thought into this though. I mean I worked with this band teacher that was caught getting jiggy with it with a student. What appeals to these guys about a kid who can't earn a living and isn't mature? What are they thinking? Yeah, I'm thinking way too much about this. It's all evil.

From a moral standpoint, I agree with Driver.

I think from a practical/societal standpoint, people in positions of authority and trust should be held to a higher standard, which is what I think Spam is getting at. I mean, I wouldn't want a Subway employee fired from his job for a DUI, but for a bus driver or HEO it might make sense to terminate them or at least require additional rehabilitation, right?

However, when you are talking about crimes that make a person "human garbage," it kind of breaks down; a sane adult deliberately harming another human is a far cry from irresponsibility and bad judgment.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.