Workout shows

ShadowDog

No, not TV shows where some scantily clad moron shows you how to work out while babbling incessant nonesense. I'm talking about what you watch WHILE working out.

This summer I had a blood pressure scare so I began using the treadmill or stationary bike 1-2 hours a day. It's hard, boring work so I began watching DVRed TV shows to get through it. The shows for this purpose need the following:

1) can't completely suck or I'd tune them out.

2) can't be too good or I'd have to rewatch them when not working out so I get everything. (You can only pay so much attention while working out, plus the treadmill is loud.

Dumb action shows where it doesn't matter if you miss some of the "plot" points work best.

Given this, here's my list of the best workout shows:

1) Heroes Reborn. It's dumb. Really dumb. So it totally doesn't matter if you miss some of the "plot" And it's got plenty of flashing lights and SPFX eye candy to distract me when powering through those last few miles.

2) Beauty and The Beast. This show is legit retarded in too many ways to describe. But its babealicious cast is perfect for the distracted workout-er and the fight scenes are generally fun.

3) Scorpion. This show actually has a great sense of humor, a real saving grace. And the character development ... while heavily clichéd ... is fun. But MAN the science is BAD. Too bad to watch this without distraction.

Bonus: I'm pretty sure Supergirl is about to make this list.

Any suggestions from you?

While I really enjoy the show, NCIS: New Orleans is a good one. I wouldn't say it was really dumb but it is one if you miss a few plot points you still get the gist. I could be bias about this show though because I watch anything that is set in New Orleans. But it does have some good action in it.

Don't laugh but Survivor or Amazing Race is great to watch in circumstances like this.

I don't have a treadmill or stationery bike, but Brooklyn Nine-nine has been my current. I might try to get one of those stands for my bike for Christmas so I could make use of that more frequently.

Never heard of that Audioplay Driver. I'll have to look into it.

For me, D-Ray, I don't necessary need to look at the screen full time so I kinda use these shows as radio. Which is why they can'T be super visually immersive or densely complicated. Even Heroes, being almost always visually interesting, doesn't require constant attention while watching it.

Never heard of that Audioplay Driver. I'll have to look into it.

zbs.org

It was a drive time show from the late 80s. Sci-fi detective story that is this crazy mix up of comedy and truly existential scifi stuff. It's amazing. Sadly, the 8 sequels were never quite as good.

But I think you'd really dig it

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.