Old Fossils

oken wiseman

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that they won't do it, it sounds like the kind of thing that Ford would of wanted to avoid before he signed on. Even the prequels & Indy 4 didn't seem to overdo the wink wink nudge nudge lines, (that I recall, sure somone will correct me if I remember wrong) as bad as they were.

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that they won't do it, it sounds like the kind of thing that Ford would of wanted to avoid before he signed on. Even the prequels & Indy 4 didn't seem to overdo the wink wink nudge nudge lines, (that I recall, sure somone will correct me if I remember wrong) as bad as they were.

Are you kidding? The Prequels had countless winks, nods, recycled lines. "I don't believe this floor is entirely stable." And "So uncivilized..." Jump to mind.

Are you kidding? The Prequels had countless winks, nods, recycled lines. "I don't believe this floor is entirely stable." And "So uncivilized..." Jump to mind.

​Yeah alright, I forgot about those ones. (like I said, from what I could recall) That said, they still sound more recycled than they do wink wink nudge nudge. Which is lazier, but still different. I'm hoping that the people involved with the script for this one are above either of that kind of writing.

1-Stuff like that can be fun if done in moderation, but if it becomes overbearing it is irritating.

2-I don't think we can just look to Trek and assume Abrams is making a similar movie. I think to JJ that Star Trek was a job, obviously he took it seriously and wanted to make the best movie he could but I don't think he saw it as having the responsibility of Star Wars. The trailers don't seem to have that kind of feel to them, and Abrams has said he is happy the trailer feels like the movie does.

Guest El Chalupacabra

2-I don't think we can just look to Trek and assume Abrams is making a similar movie. I think to JJ that Star Trek was a job, obviously he took it seriously and wanted to make the best movie he could but I don't think he saw it as having the responsibility of Star Wars. The trailers don't seem to have that kind of feel to them, and Abrams has said he is happy the trailer feels like the movie does.

Kind of related to your point:

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/jj-abrams-star-trek-into-darkness-161708900.html

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.