Just let the kid have his ****ing pig.

Pong Messiah

If animal experts say the pig does not have ticks or other parasites, and that the pig should be deemed a companion/comfort animal rather than a farm animal, AND if on top of that, the pig may be helping abate the symptoms of Aspberger's, just let the kid have his ****ing pig.

I seriously just can't believe some people. Stop letting busybody neighbors rule the world over perceptions of what is "proper" or bad things that might happen.

There's always that one neighbor. I'd be concerned if say it was a bear or a tiger or a giant anaconda. But a pig. W/E

Exactly.

It's not like there are no health risks involved when people introduce non-standard pets to their homes, and some can be dangerous. If an animal represents a genuine health/safety threat to the community, restrictions are appropriate.

But because you are annoyed by or sexually attracted to pigs? Get a freakin' grip.

When I managed a Taco Bell one of my employees called out because his rat died. I was like w/e dude. Come in or you're fired. But I'm a ruthless bitch and tacos needed to be served that day.

I kind of equate the pig thing with those people who flip out because a gay couple moved into the neighborhood. I mean do you "catch" gay? What does it matter if they're fisting themselves or doing sodomy. It's in their house. As long as the pig isn't peeing my petunias or trying to hump my schnauzer I don't get it. The only way that pig thing would bother me is if they tied the poor thing up in the backyard and never paid attention to it.

As someone who studies parasites, I can say that it's much more likely the humans in that area have parasites than that pig. Keeping one pig disease free is easy. Keeping the people that make your fast food parasite free is not so easy (enjoy the pinworm!).

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.