TFA in 2D, 3D, or IMAX 3D?

Destiny Skywalker

I must be a rare person, then, who actually likes 3D, at least when it is well done. I also read ahead of time to see whether the 3d is well done, though. I also don't go to THAT many movies these days either and also go alone, so I only have to pay for the one markup. Where I am, it also seems like the price difference isn't really that much compared to what I've read is the case elsewhere. Usually, I only go to 3d showings on IMAX. The one notable exception for me was Gravity, which I had one of the motion D-BOX seats for, which worked great for that movie.

I also enjoy watching movies in 3d at home, where I have a passive 3d tv, which makes it like the theater. I didn't buy the player of the tv specifically for 3d capabilities, but each was at the right price for the other features I wanted, so I take advantage of it when I can.

The 3d glasses also now fit over my glasses comfortably, which wasn't the case in the past, and I don't get headaches from wearing them. The only times I remember that being the case were either when I had to wear the glasses strangely over my glasses before they changed the fit of them or when the 3d was terrible, like with Clash of the Titans (where friends wanted to see it in 3D).

I completely get why others don't like it, though, and agree that it would be great to have 2D IMAX screenings for many more movies, too.

I'm sure I'll see TFA in both 2d and 3d. I want to see it in 2d first, though.

Guest Domina Crystalli

Until they recognize people who wear glasses can't enjoy 3D, EFF THREEEE DEEE

I wear glasses, and I actually prefer 3D, especially for action movies. I have astigmatism and limited depth perception. I find that the added depth helps my brain track action sequences better. It's especially better for me on IMAX, I tend to lose the peripheral on a big screen without the added depth. I just make sure that I have a small pair of glasses to wear under the 3D glasses. Zenni Optical ftw.

That being said, I'm seeing TFA in 2D. My theater for some odd reason isn't showing it in regular 3D on opening day, and the IMAX showings were all sold out by the time I could buy my tickets. I'll live.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.