Official Poster Released

Lucas1138

The movie could be amazing without Luke, it could be terrible with Luke. To be disappointed based on the role of one character is just crazy.

Like has been pointed out, one of the, if the the most prevalent spoiler about Luke is that he is only in the very last shot of the movie for a matter of seconds.

I think he will be too, but I'd be fine if he wasn't. Like I said, the movie could be great without Luke and it could be terrible with him. The movie doesn't hinge on his involvement. And for anyone who the movie does hinge on his involvement is just setting themselves up for disappointment.

I think he will be too, but I'd be fine if he wasn't. Like I said, the movie could be great without Luke and it could be terrible with him. The movie doesn't hinge on his involvement. And for anyone who the movie does hinge on his involvement is just setting themselves up for disappointment.

Rey is the hero, the movie's going to hinge on her. But there's no reason not to think Luke won't be important, especially when Kathleen Kennedy convinced Abrams to direct the movie by asking him, "Who is Luke Skywalker?"

• 2 weeks later...
Guest El Chalupacabra

It wasn't really a pitch. JJ refused the movie at first. Kennedy wanted to convince him to do it.

And Caesar turned down the crown 3 times before accepting it. Just a negotiating tactic to ensure he gets to do things his way and at the price he wants.

Guest El Chalupacabra

But if it can blow up entire solar systems, and not just mere planets, it is COMPLETELY NEW AND DIFFERENT!!!

Oh, wait....

Poster shows a planet with a trench.

Trailer 3 shows said trench on a snowy planet

All trailers have showed huge First Order presence on snowy planet

Domnal Gleason said is character was in charge of Starkiller Base

Multiple rumors before he let that slip spoke of a planet based super-weapon called Starkiller

While I do think there's some info missing here-- like how do you move a planet since it does no good to destroy your own sun, all these things combined make the picture pretty clear.

I said it before, I'll say it again. I think the ability to destroy a star system is a lie put forth by The First Order to get the Resistance to attack the base. Essentially its a trap. I think the real power is:

It has the ability to destroy any and all ships in it's vicinity. Basically they put out the info that the base can destroy a star. The Resistance says "oh crap, we better attack it and take it out". The Resistance attacks it and then TFO uses it's real power and destroys all the Resistance ships attacking it. Other than Poe and his "black squadron" who either arrive late or are flying too low for the weapon to work on them, something along those lines. They are able then to destroy the weapon. However in reality it's too late as the TFO was able to destory the vast majority of the Resistance's space craft.

I read a spoiler a while back that there is a scene during the final battle where Snoke orders Hux to use the weapon. Hux is reluctant because there are many First Order ships in the air at the time. Snoke is basically like "now is not the time to be sentimental, use the weapon". Hux follows the order and all of the Resistance and First Order ships are immediately destroyed. Other than Poe and his squadron.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.