Official Poster Released

Lucas1138

It's a poster.

Which is what he was critiquing. That's like if somebody says they don't like breaded chicken and you reply "Its chicken."

I kind of agree. Movie posters in general have gotten too busy and this one is super busy. It all feels very crammed in.

Exactly, and thank you.

Since this film brings back the OT stars, it would have been cool to base one off of ANH's "D" version (fake torn poster on the door), or ESB's re-release poster.

Guest El Chalupacabra

The new poster looks good enough, but I am also nervous about the superweapon that is reminiscent of the Deathstar.

And where the EFF is Luke?

Finn and Poe must be jacket bros.

To me, they look similar to Luke's at the end of ANH.

Maybe its a uniform?

Will any reveal/twist/arc be sufficient to justify the level of secrecy, though?

We're a difficult to please bunch. Is it likely that the secret of Luke Skywalker is good enough to live up to the expectations we have for his appearance?

Maybe you're spending too much time thinking about this new movie. Put it completely out of your mind for a couple weeks. Watch Dark Matter on Netflix. Pick up the new Neil Gaimam Sandnan arc. Pay a black market doctor to put you in a medically induced coma. Something.

I'm not even being a smart ass. You're gonna ruin the experience for yourself with this level of overthinking.

Yeah - we get annoyed at the studios for giving too much away in trailers, but then when they don't reveal all the details and try to keep some of it a surprise for the actual movie, they're now expected to "justify the secrecy"?

We only get to speculate about this kinda stuff once. Enjoy the ride, it'll be over very soon.

That's your own fault. Should parents tell their kids what they are getting for XMas in advance because the kids might build it up too much in their own minds?

I always tracked down my hidden presents, unwrapped them sufficiently to learn their contents, then carefully returned them where I found them. It's far more fun to do that than to simply wait and find out. Anyone can do that.

Will any reveal/twist/arc be sufficient to justify the level of secrecy, though?

We're a difficult to please bunch. Is it likely that the secret of Luke Skywalker is good enough to live up to the expectations we have for his appearance?

Maybe you're spending too much time thinking about this new movie. Put it completely out of your mind for a couple weeks. Watch Dark Matter on Netflix. Pick up the new Neil Gaimam Sandnan arc. Pay a black market doctor to put you in a medically induced coma. Something.

I'm not even being a smart ass. You're gonna ruin the experience for yourself with this level of overthinking.

I'm not thinking about this movie much at all, really, just when I'm here. Naturally that would give a biased view of the time I spend pondering the topic.

It won't be me complaining, but we all know someone will post here something to the effect of "That's it?? That's all??" when Luke's reveal is less than the spectacle anticipated.

It's not like JJ is saying "oh boy, we have something super special planned here we just can;t give it away".

Take it as face value, Luke hasn't been seen yet because he has a very small part in this movie. Anything else is gravy.

I've been saying the same thing for months now. Luke's not in the trailers much because he's not in the movie much. That's not the same as saying his character isn't important to the story, but it is an indication of very little screen time for the character. So much has been made of the character's non-appearance (whole articles have been written on the subject!) that disappointment is inevitable for those who have expectations about Luke and his status in TFA.

It actually wouldn't surprise me if the three movie plan is to have Han Solo the primary old assed character in 7, Luke be the primary old assed character in 8, and none of them getting major screen time in 9. You only have so much movie time and they're carrying a lot of water introducing all the new characters.

Think about this: any scene containing old and new characters is gonna be a disservice to the new characters because none of us will pay attention to the new people. And Han's been all over this. So Luke only being in 5-10 minutes total makes sense for this one. Then he can be in the next one a bunch. (Which also makes sense because Mark is younger and healthier than Harrison so you wanna wrap his major stuff ASAP because you know Mark's still gonna be around for the next one)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.