Official Poster Released

Lucas1138

It looks more like a planet with a weapon built into it... but yeah-- end of the day, it's a super weapon, which isn't the most original thing, and in my book, the first mark against the movie.

Poster is cool-- though I wish it was Drew Struzan and not a composite.

It looks more like a planet with a weapon built into it... but yeah-- end of the day, it's a super weapon, which isn't the most original thing, and in my book, the first mark against the movie.

I don't know this for certain because I've been avoiding spoilers as things are ramping up, but I'm willing to bet that the Rebellion / Resistance is actually the owner of the super weapon this time around. It would certainly play into the whole moral ambiguity arc that many have been hinting about.

And yeah, I dig Finn's jacket. I want one.

Yeah-- shades of Suncrusher.

I do NOT like the bigger is better. THE DEATH STAR COULD ONLY BLOW UP A PLANET-- THIS TAKES OUT AN ENTIRE SYSTEM!

The details may vary-- but narratively, it's the same thing.

Also-- how do you move a planet? Taking out the system you are orbiting in seems like a bad plan.

There's a piece missing to this I think.

The Suncrusher was the small starship right? I thought that was lame. I'm sorry. I thought those books were lame. :p

As for the poster, I need that framed and in my office by December 18th.

That was the EU tardness that finally made me bail on the books. Haven't looked back since.

It was one of the first attempts to change the lightsaber itself. And while people wondered about the viability at the time of a double bladed lightsaber and now a lightsaber with a crossbar, the practicality of a lightsaber that doubles in length used by a normal sized guy is tougher to swallow now than when I read it all those years ago.

Yeah..another super weapon? I guess creative thinking is not too big in the SW universe.

About the poster. No fireworks. I'm tired of the kind of art seen in the prequels posters and too many novel covers. By now, its cookie cutter design and lacks magnetism & heart.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.