TFA Trailer 3 (spoilers/images)

Driver

Two things we aren't talking about.

Rey's staff looks like Maul's saber.

The little girl in that new toy commercial is dressed like Rey, and using the force.

The 2nd one means nothing, the first might. I still don't think it does, but it might.

I also don't think it looks THAT much like it.

The 'waiting on my family' line intrigues me.

Yeah, to me it implies she was abandoned or lost after some incident (battle?) as a child.

Eh, I'm well past the point of concern over this potentially "sucking". I think when people realized this was at least going to be significantly better than the prequels they just shot their expectations up to "GOTTA BE A MASTERPIECE NOW!!111"

Now I'm 99% sure that's Han that Rey is crying over. Brown jacket, frizzy, grey hair. Seems kinda spoiler-y for a trailer but I guess we knew he was gonna kick the bucket anyway.

So my theory is it's Han. Kylo is his and Leia's son, he steps in thinking he can convince Kylo to back down and he kills him.

Also, Naboo = Dagobah

In that picture - it's black hair covered by some white snow. The elbow portion is "clearly" (lol) Finn's brown leather jacket we see him in.

Two things we aren't talking about.

Rey's staff looks like Maul's saber.

The little girl in that new toy commercial is dressed like Rey, and using the force.

That's because neither of these things are important. :D

I think Rey is certainly force sensitive, but I don't think the Duracell commercial means anything at all.

But that commercial was awesome and made me tear up though.

Guest El Chalupacabra

3. I'm convinced Rey is crying over Chewie. I see a bandolier.

I see exactly what the picture is pointing out and think its Han. And I think Chewie is blowing sh*t up in revenge. Maybe Han is dead, or maybe just wounded.

JJ is doing the same thing he did with Star Trek. Emphasizing scale and placing the ships in seemingly real world shots. You can compare the intro of the crashed Star Destroyer to the scene with Kirk and the docked Enterprise. I also like his homage to Apocalypse Now with the Tie/Sun clip.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Rey is flying the Falcon!!!!!!!!!

So did Leia. What's your point?

Han was frozen when she did, so i think the point is where is Han?

Trailer context is something we forget.

Everyone talks about the shot of her wistfully watching that ship take off. BUT the shot of her is at the bazaar while the ship has the ATAT foot in the foreground-- which is where rumors and concept art say she lives.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.