TFA Trailer 3 (spoilers/images)

Driver

Usually fan-mashups suck, but this clip, which combines all three trailers into one, is actually really well done.

That was cool, but the music switches were very disconcerting. :p

Hard to work around it-- but at least there was effort put in to mix it. It's usually way worse o these things.

That shot of Kylo Ren on the star destroyer bridge... it looks like the empire has finally started employing women.

And "I will finish what you started" - trying to seduce Luke to the dark side?

I think my only concerns at this point are there being too many characters, and the tone of the film being mostly a downer. I hope there's at least some occasional lightheartedness.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Usually fan-mashups suck, but this clip, which combines all three trailers into one, is actually really well done.

That was cool, but the music switches were very disconcerting. :p

Hard to work around it-- but at least there was effort put in to mix it. It's usually way worse o these things.

Tell me that at 3:09 where Rey is crying, that she isn't crying over a dead body in the snow covered forest. Maybe Han Solo?

That shot of Kylo Ren on the star destroyer bridge... it looks like the empire has finally started employing women.

And "I will finish what you started" - trying to seduce Luke to the dark side?

I think my only concerns at this point are there being too many characters, and the tone of the film being mostly a downer. I hope there's at least some occasional lightheartedness.

I'm shocked there hasn't been a more vocal complainy front about how dark it seems.

So long as it still has a little sense of humour I don't mind it being dark. I just hope that darkness doesn't translate into "takes itself too seriously" territory. But from the behind the scenes footage at comic con it looks like they had such a blast making this movie that some of that will shine through. I don't think it'll be one long downer of a film.

I'm very glad about this, obviously. The books and comics have had much more gender diversity lately, especially on the side of the Empire, and it's annoying to see all white male Imperial officers in the background on Rebels.

A New Hope is a pretty dark film.

Happy farm boy is chased by the government for receiving stolen property, his guardians are burned to death, he falls in with smugglers, breaks into a military base, jailbreaks a criminal, and gets conscripted into a rag-tag military to fight in a last stand. None of that sounds humorous.

Guest El Chalupacabra

For Star Wars, dark is GOOD.

ANH= pretty dark with light moments between the big 3. Awesome

TESB=one of the darkest. The best of all Star Wars movies by far.

ROTJ=The darker parts of it are pretty awesome. The parts with freedom fighting teddy bears, not so much.

TPM=the darkest part of the film, Dual of the Fates, one of the best scenes of all Star Wars films so far. Trying to lighten it up with Jar Jar, and pod racing were bad mistakes.

AOTC= dark parts like Anakin going on a rampage withthe Tuskins, and Obi Wan VS Fett were good, even if the movie wasn't

ROTS=Overall a dark film, and IMHO, the best of the PT films. Had it not been for lava surfing and General Grievous, it might have been a lot better.

As long as the characters aren't completely doom and gloom, darkness works. Luke's shining optimism, Han's cynicism, Leia's stoicism all kept the OT from being too dark. It also allowed for some lighter moments.

I actually think TFA will be closer to ESB. I can't see it being a happy ending and medals off the princess at the end. No party with the Ewoks (there's Ewoks in it you know!!).

I think it may just be the start of a much larger conflict. The Resistance may win a small victory but I think it will be plain at the end that this is just the beginning and they will have to count the costs.

People mentioned it about the teasers, but we still haven't seen an alien in a trailer have we? Yeah, I know there have been creatures in behind the scenes footage, but I wonder if they're not showing this stuff purposefully. Are they trying to get people to forget about Jar Jar, farting llamas, and fat diner owners?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.