TFA Trailer 3 (spoilers/images)

Driver

I'll try to get a bit more specific on how I feel the opening of the movie will go

1-After the scroll the camera pans down to show Jakku, then Poe's X-Wing zooms into the shot towards Jakku. He lands and meets with Von Sydows character, who hands over the saber.

2-The First Order quickly attacks, but Poe is able to leave with the saber.

3-During the attack a couple things happen to Finn. First his friend is killed, second he is order to kill some innocents. This causes him to become insubordinate and he is taken prisoner.

4-Poe realizes he can't get off the planet right now so he stashes the saber in BB8 for the time being. Shortly after he is also taken prisoner.

5-We now get introduced to Rey, we see her scavenge and her lonely existence. She meets BB8 who is like a lost puppy and Rey takes the droid as a needed companion.

6-Poe is tortured into telling Kylo that he put the saber in BB8.

7-Poe and Finn are in the same cell. They realize that if they work together they can escape due to Finns knowledge of the ship and Poes ability to pilot an escape ship.

8-They put their plan into motion and are able to steal a TIE fighter, however it is shot down and crashes. (At this point I have no idea what happens to Poe, he seems to take a backseat from the story for a bit)

9-Finn wanders into a settlement where he meets Rey and BB8. Shortly after the First Order attacks. They assume they are after Finn, but in truth they are after BB8 and the saber he carries.

10-They have several close calls but eventually find temporary safety, Rey says she knows where there are ships they can maybe use to escape the planet. They go and this is where they find the Falcon.

11-Not sure exactly the first time we will see Han, but he is in the area trying to find out what happened to Poe. He finds out someone is onboard, or flying or attempting to fly the Falcon. He investigates and finds Rey, Finn and BB8 on board.

12-Now that they have a great pilot in Han they are able to evade TFO, escape from the planet and go into lightspeed.

If Poe escapes with Finn-- then yeah he vanishes. Also, we see the Falcon on Jakku, but Han hasn't been aboard for some time-- so where is the Falcon before.

Here's what I cooked up...

Start with the crawl-- cut down to some remote planet and Star Destroyers. Below, a village is ransacked, led by Ren, looking for something. Finn is among the troopers— horrified when villagers are slaughtered. They find a Resistance fighter among them— Poe, and he is taken prisoner. Ren finds his goal— a collector that has a bunch of old civil war relics— including Darth Vader’s helmet.

Aboard the Star Destroyer, Finn has his identity crisis. Ren obsesses over the helmet, and we see his got a collection of Jedi junk, including the Skywalker lightsaber.

Meanwhile, on the remote planet of Jakku, we meet Rey the scavenger. She raids the remains of old Star Destroyers looking for stuff to fix and sell. She ends up finding BB8 in the husk of a crashed X-Wing and activates him. He’s too cute and friendly to sell, so she decides to keep him.

Back with Ren— he leaves his private museum and goes off to torture Poe into revealing the location of a Resistance Cell leader. He does— there’s one on the planet of Jakku. Finn takes this as a time to steal something from Ren’s collection— something he can use to show his allegiance to the Resistance. He chooses the lightsaber. He springs Poe (who’s been FORCE-d to give up what he knows), they make their way to the hanger bay to steal a ride as the destroyer arrives on Jakku. They each steal a tie fighter— Poe is a badass pilot and escapes— Finn is shot down and crashes on the surface.

Poe lands somewhere on Jakku, finding the cyborg junk dealer played by Max Von Sydow who is also a former Resistance leader. Poe explains what he’s done, and they have to GTFO. Thankfully, this guy has a ship— an old freighter that he won in a card game to another Resistance General years ago. (The Falcon, obv).

Meanwhile, Finn has climbed out of his crash and wandered the desert (with Poe’s coat) and found his way to the bazaar where Rey is selling her junk. No sooner does he arrive, then does Phasma, on his tail. (Rumors abound that he was one of her mentees, and now she’s pissed he’s deserted). Rey, being the naturally good soul that she is, sees he is in trouble and saves his ass as the bazaar is decimated.

They run for it— but are out matched. Thankfully, Poe comes to their rescue in the Falcon— he’s looking for his jacket. No really. There’s data modules hidden in it that may contain the location of the Starkiller Base. Max Von Sydow is killed int he dogfight over Jakku, but finally, thanks to BB8 fixing the hyperdrive are able to escape.

The Falcon has coordinates in its memory banks to a secret Resistance Outpost that Poe’s cell was unaware of. They follow these coordinates, and land at the grassy/hilly outpost. No sooner does the ship touch down, is it stormed by two people— Han and Chewie. Realizing this is their old ship, and that something must have happened to Max Von Sydow, they greet the new comers as friends.

Poe tells them about the Starkiller base and Knights of Ren— but Han is more curious about the lightsaber Finn has been carrying around…

Guest El Chalupacabra

Finn takes this as a time to steal something from Ren’s collection— something he can use to show his allegiance to the Resistance. He chooses the lightsaber

Maybe the saber is in Kylo Ren's "shrine" to Darth Vader. Since he is obsessed with Vader and even has his mask, maybe he somehow acquired Anakin's last jedi (and Luke's first) saber? Which may imply Ren knows Vader was once Anakin.

Wouldn't it be a cool reveal that mirrors the TESB Vader/father reveal, when we see the Luke/Ren showdown that Luke bursts Ren's bubble and throws in Ren's face that his Sith hero, was also his father, and that Luke turned him back to the light side?

I'm half-tempted to do an analysis on character screen time in each film compared to character screen time in each trailer. I would guess that characters with the most time on screen have the most time in the trailers. I suspect that the reason that Luke isn't in the trailer is that he simply isn't in the film much. But I've got other more pressing things to do.

Sure, we know Hamill filmed a part for TFA. As is typical for an Abrams production, unnecessary and overbearing secrecy is breeding excitement and expectations that I suspect will not be able to be met. At this point, Luke's appearance may well be underwhelming, no matter what.

JJ should've learned a lesson from the Khan debacle of STID. I'm not certain he did.

I think Luke is being witheld from us because his initial appearance in the film is so nerdgasmically incredible that it will make people weep and applaud, and even his very appearance before that moment would "ruin" it.

I'm okay with it.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be this.

Like, imagine the PT was good, and you saw it first. And you loved Obi-Wan. Then you waited 30 years for a Star Wars movie. Then when the Tuskens knocked Luke on his ass Obi Wan came flying down off a bluff, picked them all up with the Force and blasted them against a rock wall-- except for that one who got to his rifle and took a shot-- and Obi-Wan's saber ignite and he deflects it back at the tusken, then throws his saber and cuts his attacker in half and and and the saber is called back to his hand and he throws back his hood and is all HELLO THERE.

Guest madddox

i think Poe will turn out to be a better character than people think. if so, his role may get beefed up for future movies

****ing amazing trailer btw... i geeked the fuck out when the updated hyperspace sequence kicked in

The thing about Luke is that, if like alot of us think, he has a small yet impactful role to play showing him could totally give it away. I mean if he only has a couple scenes and they show a shot of one in the trailer and we can get any context from it at all it could give away the moment he shows up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.